Colorado Becomes First State to End Marijuana Prohibition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just have to aks how this is going to work.

If the state says its okay and the feds say its not who wins? If the state wins then why cant states overrule feds on firearms laws?

Asking beause I dont know.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its only legal by the state, it is still considered illegal federally in all 50 states. Meaning, local or county or state LEOs cant/wont most likely bust you for possessing or growing a small amount of it in the state that legalized it, same as the medical marijuana dispensaries- BUT, a fed still can: DEA, FBI, federal marshalls and other federal drug agencies, etc. In my home state of California the feds have raided hundreds of dispensaries with almost half of them saying fck it and closing. They can do the same in Colorado or Washington at any time they want if they just want to just fck with people.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just have to aks how this is going to work.

If the state says its okay and the feds say its not who wins? If the state wins then why cant states overrule feds on firearms laws?

Asking beause I dont know.

The same way the states nullified national speed limits, the RealID Act, the Fugitive Slave Act, the Alien & Sedition Act, etc... by just ignoring the feds.

Guys and gals, please consider learning more about nullification at the Tenth Amendment Center. It's a valuable site that will provide you with historical information about the Constitution and the power of nullification. I believe nullification is our only peaceful option left on the table before things become bloody.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait - I missed it when all the states gave a collective middle finger on raising the drinking age to 21, and the 55-MPH speed limit, and turned down all that federal money. When did that happen?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same way the states nullified national speed limits, the RealID Act, the Fugitive Slave Act, the Alien & Sedition Act, etc... by just ignoring the feds.

Guys and gals, please consider learning more about nullification at the Tenth Amendment Center. It's a valuable site that will provide you with historical information about the Constitution and the power of nullification. I believe nullification is our only peaceful option left on the table before things become bloody.

I sure hope we go this route with Obamacare... :(

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visit Colorado frequently in my music career plus I go there quite a bit to see old friends who are California and Tulsa natives who live there now- one couple ironically run a hydroponics store and nursery in Denver and another couple of friends have their MM cards. They have been texting me since early in the evening celebrating.

Being from California I will accept this as only a 'start' in the right direction towards it being legalized or decriminalized, regulated, taxed, sold in stores like liquer stores, as well people who have committed small possession crimes would then free up badly needed jail space and trim corrections budgets, etcetc. Large scale smuggling and the mayhem that goes with the territory seems likely would end at some point or be made unprofitable anyways to continue in that business when your customers could now just go to a store and buy higher quality and cheaper products. Even though there would still be some type of black market still.

But, back to reality, there is still an uphill battle for them in fighting the feds for it to be totally legal in all 50 states. I dont see it happening any time soon. They should enjoy their small victories.

I will still be visiting my friends there, but I wont inhale, I promise. (winkwink)...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...itiative_clashes_between_states_and_feds.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom