Corruption in Valley brook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry Michael I couldn't resist... the Robo Cop saying.

I do not know the facts of this situation you describe so I will not comment on them.

That said, do not join this board with the intent to comment on this one issue. This is a community not a pedestal.

If you wish to discuss firearms, gun rights, or personal protection issues, your participation is more than welcome.

If you simply wish to discuss corruption in Valley Brook, please find another forum to do so.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Robo Cop

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wonder a lot about some things here, and one thing is it is easier to find the corruption the lower down the chain, and what I mean is that it is easier to find it in the lower levels than higher up as in the County, State, and of course, Federal governments, but don't discount private business, either. The higher up in governments entities the easier it is to hide it and more around one doing so will say less to protect themselves, just sayin'. Or am I just imagining these things? Could be, but you younger ones know a lot more than I do.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google PUSHMATAHA, and watch a series of vides about what a guy on another board is going thru, the sheriff, deputies, under sheriff, ADA, game warden and county commisioner are all looking the other way as this guy has video evidence of armed intruders on his land, attemtped B&E, messing with his water well, poisoning of his dog, verbal threats, harrassment, stalking, hostle take over of a pubic road, narrowed down to 20ft, illegal farming and cattle run on his land, access from a public road denied to his land being illegally blocked, and none one will do thier jobs, pretty damn sad and a embarrasment to oklahoma.
Video evidence and still no one will act, the under sheriff flat out says he wont do anything since the perp in question is a "good ole boy"

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an interesting twist...

Friday, January 8, 2010
Valley Brook refuses to release police report on detention of Oklahoma City police officer

Valley Brook officials are refusing a television station's request for a copy of a police report on an incident involving an Oklahoma City police officer.

Oklahoma City Detective Chuck Wheeler says he was detained by Valley Brook police for more than three hours last month, according to KOKH-TV Fox 25.

The Oklahoma City station reports that Wheeler is suing Valley Brook for wrongful arrest.

Even though Wheeler was not booked into jail, he asked his own department for an investigation to confirm that he had done nothing wrong. As part of that investigation, Oklahoma City police requested a report on the incident from Valley Brook police.

When Fox 25 reporter/anchor Britten Follett requested a copy of the report from Valley Brook, she was told it was not ready. When she returned several days later, she was told the report was unavailable because the incident was "still under investigation."

Valley Brook City Attorney Bob Thompson later denied her request, claiming the report is not a public record because Wheeler was not arrested and the report is a personnel matter written at the request of Oklahoma City police.

None of the three reasons seems to comply with the state Open Records Act.

No. 1: The statute requires that certain records kept by the law enforcement agency be made available for public inspection and copying regardless of whether an investigation is completed.

Those records include the "initial offense report information showing the offense, date, time, general location, officer and a brief summary of what occurred." (OKLA. STAT. tit. 51, § 24A.8(A)(3))

No. 2: Police incident reports not involving an arrest are open to the public under legislation that took effect Nov. 1.

House Bill 1049 rectified a 2005 amendment to the Open Records Act that police departments had interpreted as allowing the release of incident reports only pertaining to an arrest.

No. 3: Valley Brook is claiming the exemption for personnel records, but Wheeler isn't an employee of Valley Brook. The exemption's language clearly applies to records related a public body's own personnel.

Valley Brook police created an incident report. What Oklahoma City officials have done with the record seems irrelevant when the police report is requested from Valley Brook.

State Attorney General Drew Edmondson has emphasized that access to police information does not depend on the record title used by the law enforcement agency.

“The department doesn’t have to call it a jail register. If it is a jail register, then it’s a public record,” Edmondson said in a 2005 video for training police about the Open Records Act. “They don’t have to call it a radio log. If they keep a log of radio traffic, then it’s a public record.”

In this situation, Valley Brook created a police report on the incident. Under the Open Records Act, certain information -- the offense, date, time, general location, officer and a brief summary of what occurred -- must be made available to the public.

By denying access to the public information, Valley Brook officials act as though they have something to hide. If that's not the case, then they are doing a disservice to themselves and their own officer.

Joey Senat, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
OSU School of Journalism

http://foioklahoma.blogspot.com/2010/01/valley-brook-refuses-to-release-police.html

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google PUSHMATAHA, and watch a series of vides about what a guy on another board is going thru, the sheriff, deputies, under sheriff, ADA, game warden and county commisioner are all looking the other way as this guy has video evidence of armed intruders on his land, attemtped B&E, messing with his water well, poisoning of his dog, verbal threats, harrassment, stalking, hostle take over of a pubic road, narrowed down to 20ft, illegal farming and cattle run on his land, access from a public road denied to his land being illegally blocked, and none one will do thier jobs, pretty damn sad and a embarrasment to oklahoma.
Video evidence and still no one will act, the under sheriff flat out says he wont do anything since the perp in question is a "good ole boy"
Agreed. And it saddens me that it doesn't surprise me one bit. I own land west of there just about 1 mile inside of Atoka county. The locals down there are bat$h!t crazy. Our neighbor is convinced that a deputy sheriff or two has rustled some of their cattle. About the only thing that will actually get done is by the forest service investigators. They have no compunction at all about writing tickets for setting fires, but beyond that, it's exactly like the videos you mention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom