Coyote questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and id put it down. There were stories last year of yotes in california trying to carry off kids. This one is damn brave being out in the open near your house. His ear looks jacked up also

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyotes can be around your home when you don't know it. The first one commited suicide by running into our front window. It has a reflective film on it from the factory, and my wife had bird feeders in the trees outside.
On ocasion when a hawk flies by the birds flush, and one flies into the window and gets stunned. They usually fly off in a minute or two.
We think this one ran into the glass after a bird and broke its neck.
I've posted these pics before, so these are for the new members.
The next pics are from a yote that showed up in our yard and chased my bird dogs around the yard. I got to the gun safe and put one 45 grain HP into it quarting towards me with a 22.250 at about 30 yds.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_coyote1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_coyote2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P5160002.jpg

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a coyote, but I see no reason why you should shoot it. People that talk about how dangerous they are are just trying to find an excuse to shoot them or an attempt to rationalize hunting them to make themselves feel better. I've seen plenty of coyotes and never seen one knowingly approach humans.

This coming from a guy who is going varmint (including coyote) hunting later this week.

I'm all for hunting coyotes but they don't need to be exterminated. They're an important link in the wildlife food chain.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a coyote, but I see no reason why you should shoot it. People that talk about how dangerous they are are just trying to find an excuse to shoot them or an attempt to rationalize hunting them to make themselves feel better. I've seen plenty of coyotes and never seen one knowingly approach humans.

This coming from a guy who is going varmint (including coyote) hunting later this week.

I'm all for hunting coyotes but they don't need to be exterminated. They're an important link in the wildlife food chain.

I absolutely agree they don't need to be exterminated. However, when they are coming around the house it's time to be on the hunt in my opinion. Too many stories of chickens disappearing, cats disappearing, and the like.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could not exterminate coyotes if you wanted to.They tried to at one point in time and it was a losing battle.If I saw one milling around my house he would be dead, not because I fear being personally attacked but because they will kill and eat anything they can catch including dogs and cats.They are legal to hunt year round so shoot away.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom