@)*$)(*@ Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question for you locals. What are the regs on shooting coyotes, especially if I am a non resident hunter in OK. Will have my Hunting lic but do i need a tag/permit for yotes? Not that it matters but I will be on my FIL 1000 acre lease/private land. I always walk the land, up top out of the woods, on fridays before the opener. I have no problem shooting them and would actually like to but dont need to find myself in a pickle with the local GW. If i can legally shoot one what do i do with them. Leave them as food for other preditors? I'm not eating that dirty crap.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question for you locals. What are the regs on shooting coyotes, especially if I am a non resident hunter in OK. Will have my Hunting lic but do i need a tag/permit for yotes? Not that it matters but I will be on my FIL 1000 acre lease/private land. I always walk the land, up top out of the woods, on fridays before the opener. I have no problem shooting them and would actually like to but dont need to find myself in a pickle with the local GW. If i can legally shoot one what do i do with them. Leave them as food for other preditors? I'm not eating that dirty crap.
Resident or non resident hunting license is all that is needed for yotes. You can leave coyotes lay without a problem.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I wouldn't leave them in the food plot but I will drag them somewhere and leave them. I hate Yotes!

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have plans to thin them out around our area. I believe that is part of the reason we are seeing fewer small deer. We have a large bobcat on camera that we estimate to be around 40 to 45 lbs. I seen it last year but was unable to get a shot on it. We have a guy going to help us trap after deer season this year.
If you get the bobcat I would like to see a picture of it. If it is indeed that big it will be worth a pretty penny.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have seen a dramatic increase in the coyote population in Logan County this year.
We finally decided to do something about it. My oldest son harvested this coyote during youth gun.
There is a great story connected as well.

IMAG0439.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the roadkilled coyotes, I've been seeing a ton of them myself. We always have a lot of yotes out here, we killed six in 5 days two weeks ago; two of my hunting partners got 1 each, and I ended up with 4. Killed 3 in about five minutes last Saturday morning on an open wheat field, caught them around a couple dead calves and they wouldn't leave fast enough! ;)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have seen a dramatic increase in the coyote population in Logan County this year.
We finally decided to do something about it. My oldest son harvested this coyote during youth gun.
There is a great story connected as well.
So, do we have to get out the waterboarding equipment, or are you gonna spill it on your own? :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom