Craftsman tool batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
two craftsman lithium batteries and the appropriate charger are $150
the kit I have has a 3/8" drill, a circular saw, an impact driver, a light and a reciprocating saw. The only thing that has been used much is the drill.
a new drill 2 batteries and a cheesey charger are only $130

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the kit I have has a 3/8" drill, a circular saw, an impact driver, a light and a reciprocating saw. The only thing that has been used much is the drill.
How much are NiCd or NiMH replacement batteries? Your current charger should work on both. FWIW, NiMH is a pretty decent improvement over NiCd.

Again, just a thought. :drunk2:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes to lithium and yeah it usually makes financial sense to buy another combo as opposed to just batteries. We have a few new unused drills in the shop caused by this. Lol. I will say I bought a lowes kobalt 24v set for at the house and the batteries hold charge great and the batteries alone are quite a bit cheaper than our dewalt stuff. They also have 2 different amp/hr battery sizes. The smaller ones don't weigh much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have that same kit with a 1/2" drill, and I use the heck out of everything but the light since there is no electric at the farm. Just recently bought a little 1500 watt generator to alleviate that situation, but still like my battery powered tools. Was at Sears the other day looking at the replacement system and it wasn't cheap but I can't buy another kit with all the tools for near that price. I'll check into battery's plus like has been suggested. Is it online only or is there a store front in Oklahoma?

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much are NiCd or NiMH replacement batteries? Your current charger should work on both. FWIW, NiMH is a pretty decent improvement over NiCd.

You can get a two pack on Amazon for about $35, but I was less than impressed with battery life.

I have that same kit with a 1/2" drill, and I use the heck out of everything but the light since there is no electric at the farm. Just recently bought a little 1500 watt generator to alleviate that situation, but still like my battery powered tools. Was at Sears the other day looking at the replacement system and it wasn't cheap but I can't buy another kit with all the tools for near that price. I'll check into battery's plus like has been suggested. Is it online only or is there a store front in Oklahoma?
KMart had the set up drill, 2 batteries and a charger for 139.98, good for me, I had 2 $25 gift cards to Kmart. If they had had the NiMH on the shelf, that what I would have bought.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There is a batteries plus in Broken Arrow as well as several in OKC

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A Ni-cad battery can be put on a lithium charger, but a lithium battery cannot be charged on a Ni-cad charger --- there's a very real possibility of an explosion or fire from that combo. Be safe.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought my last Craftsman product. The battery
in my drill went bad and they wouldn’t replace it. Their
warranty is no longer any good. Used to be lifetime.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A Ni-cad battery can be put on a lithium charger, but a lithium battery cannot be charged on a Ni-cad charger --- there's a very real possibility of an explosion or fire from that combo. Be safe.

My post you quoted mentioned NiCd and NiMH, not Li-ion.

I cautioned against using his NiCd charger on Li-ion in a previous post. ;)
NiCd and NiMH use similar charging systems. Charging for Li-ion is quite a bit different.

If you go that route, you should also get a charger designed specifically for Lithium-ion to reduce chances of shortened battery life and/or fire.

Just my two cents. :drunk2:
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom