Death Penalty - Execution method poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death Penalty Method Choice

• Lethal Injection

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Electrocution

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Gas Chamber

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Firing Squad

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Hanging

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Other (Leave Comment)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Life Sentence Only - Don't Support Death Penalty

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nitrogen asphyxiation. Not so much out of concern for the object of the exercise, but I think it would be least traumatic for those that have to conduct the execution and clean up afterwards.
Perhaps seal the condemned in a special cell where there would be nothing but the button that initiates the process. No water, no food, nothing but the quick exit button.
I would also make it an option for those given no parole life sentences, if they would prefer that to spending their lives as a guest of the state and taxpayers.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In escape from New York didn't they give the prisoners the option of permanent exile (in NY) or they could repent and be executed in the spot? I could go along with that

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're a bloodthirsty lot, I'll say that. I just hope that you're never convicted falsely and have to experience others' salivating over your government execution.

Really we're just a law and order bunch, someone must pay with their life so the State can harvest organs for the greater good.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I view the death penalty, not as punishment, rather, it is the only way to protect society from someone who's behavior cannot be corrected. pedophiles etc. come to mind... punishment is a way to make a negative impression for some kind of behaviour making it unlikely that a person will repeat that action.

if a person continues to murder - rob - rape (violent offenders) after being punished and given a chance to change their behaviour. then the death penalty should be used. not as punishment, as a protective measure for the other people of the world.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do support the death penalty for pre-meditated murder and some other very serious crimes.
Firing Squad seems to me to be an effective and relatively humane way to carry out the penalty without great expense or complicated technical or medical procedures.
Right now we are constantly embroiled in litigation over so-called humane measures like lethal injection - a method that seems to me to be devised to make us feel less squeamish about doing the dirty work but doesn't seem any swifter, more reliable, or more humane than firing squad.
I support it. I said hanging cause it is cheap can you can use it over for multiple dirt bags. I am also for expedient hangings. No need to let em hang out in prison for 25 to 30 years

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for it as well. I think all forms are acceptable. Maximum of one year for appeals then gone gone. I don't believe one method is deserved more than the other based on the crime committed. Dead is dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom