Do you ever worry about the future of this country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Naa them kids are good too. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your opinion. I really think OSAs younger folks are a good cross section of America as a whole.

My attitude really changed when I argued and debated the young folks in college. Honestly I seen some damn bright kids....a few dim ones, but overall as a whole, today's younger bunch are way smarter about the world than I was when I was their age.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad there are more optimists here than pessimists.

I'm much less concerned about the character of many of our kids as I am about the opportunities that seem to be in such short supply. We need a new and truly optimistic leader with ideas and the gumption to stand toe to toe with congress.

Ya'll have a good night.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll have some lumps and bumps, blood and guts, and ruffled feathers before it turns around, but turn around it will. Those left alive after the fray will have the wherewithal to pick up the pieces. I hope they turn to God when they get to write a new constitution just as our Founding Fathers did. In the mean time, remember who the enemy is and keep your powder dry.

Woody

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every generation has worried about the future and worried about/criticized the upcoming generation.

Everything will work out, just like it always has. It just may not work out to be an exact duplicate of your life, childhood memories, or expectations.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
For those that have the benefit of living out a ways or are in rural towns, enjoy it
I still have hope but things ain't looking good 'inside the fence'

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too worry about the future of our nation. In the past it was impossible to maintain surveillance on a nation of millions, as it had to be done by actual human beings. Today, with the advent of powerful computers, it is not only possible, but is in use as we speak. I was appalled to hear a govt. official argue that new cell phone encryption was too strong, and that the govt. needed access to spy on us. Also our education system is a joke, we graduate students, who go on to be teachers that can't even tell you in what decade the Civil War on WWII took place in. These are actual examples of folks in College classes, that I was a teaching assistant in, and couldn't answer these simple questions. I don't have any kids, but I worry about the fate of my nieces and nephews and their children.

Latest posts

Top Bottom