Doctors can really tick you off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to my pulmonologist yesterday for my regular 6 month checkup and he told me something I had not known for 5 freaking years. Something I really would have liked to have known. Seems the reason my right lung does not work correctly is not only damage to my diaphragm, but also because while I was drugged and unconscious all those weeks and they kept having to put in different chest tubes, I got an infection in my chest cavity. Between the infection and putting different tubes in and out I have scarring in my chest that does not allow my lung to fully inflate. Working at about 48%. Also my ribs still have not fully healed and may never.

Now I admit part of this is my fault. I was semi conscious at one point and after removing a feeding tube going thru my nose to my stomach, they decided to tie my hands down. Well next time I sort of woke up I knew I was restrained but not where I was. Being little ole me all I could think of was escape and evade. I managed to get my self untied and pull out ALL my tubes. Feeding tube, all my chest tubes, IV tubes and was busy reaping off all the sensors when the nurses came charging in and gave me a shot to knock me back out. Luckily I did not get around to the catheter or that might have really hurt. I thought my father was the only one to do that crap but I guess it runs in the family.

I always wondered why the nurses were so friendly. The doc told me they do not often get escapees from ICU.

Anyway I wish I had known about the scarring sooner. Not sure what difference it would make but I like to know what is happening to me. Okay rant over.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scarring from the Gates' biohazard is my issue. It will never get better.

Being on an incubator is a cause of scarring and infection.

Wif ended up in ICU due to Dr failure to inform of medical and side effects to be aware of. Same Dr (dot variety) tried to blame me for being aware. She found out quickly, that she was at fault and my lawyer was aware. Never seen such a humble and apologetic Dr, much to the amusement of a student.

When either of us is seeing a Dr, we are both hearing what the Dr or anyone else is reporting.

I have dealt with self important, narcissistic Drs. several times and have no tolerance for it. They work FOR ME and I remind them of it.

Remember, getting old ain't for sissies.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medical care has become crappier. You get an appointment and end up waiting beyond the appointment time. It seems like every time you go they want to put you on another med. I have asthma, but rarely need an inhaler. Every time I go they want to put me on something that I would need to use daily with Formoterol. I had a script for 3 Ventolin Inhalers, they have lasted me well over three years, I rarely use them. The doctors have never in the past 20 years heard anything except air going in and out of my lungs when checking. I have grown to distrust modern medicine. The goal seems to be get you on three or more meds to get their kickbacks from pharma. Not telling anyone what to do, but haven't had a good doctor since I was a child.

Latest posts

Top Bottom