Doctors can really tick you off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medical care has become crappier. You get an appointment and end up waiting beyond the appointment time. It seems like every time you go they want to put you on another med. I have asthma, but rarely need an inhaler. Every time I go they want to put me on something that I would need to use daily with Formoterol. I had a script for 3 Ventolin Inhalers, they have lasted me well over three years, I rarely use them. The doctors have never in the past 20 years heard anything except air going in and out of my lungs when checking. I have grown to distrust modern medicine. The goal seems to be get you on three or more meds to get their kickbacks from pharma. Not telling anyone what to do, but haven't had a good doctor since I was a child.
How do the docs get kickbacks from pharma, cash or check? Cause I spoke with 2 docs online about it today & they never got a kickback in 70 yrs of combined practice. They asked me to find out how it’s done as they have been prescribing >3 meds & don’t have a clue how to apply for the kickbacks $$

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do the docs get kickbacks from pharma, cash or check? Cause I spoke with 2 docs online about it today & they never got a kickback in 70 yrs of combined practice. They asked me to find out how it’s done as they have been prescribing >3 meds & don’t have a clue how to apply for the kickbacks $$

It's pretty easy, they can just sign up to be a "speaker." There was a study a few years back..... a chit ton of doctors were found to be receiving compensation equaling more than 100K.

More than 20 years ago, I used to watch Pharma companies spend $10K a night on dinners at the restaurant I worked at.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I jumped the gun on that comment. I do think @JD8 is correct on his statement, that gives doctors plausible deniability. I do not think the answer for every ailment is another med, with side effects that may be worse than the condition it treats. When was the last time a doctor recommended exercise, better diet and followed through? They may prescribe PT, but again the health care system gets $ when they do that.

I appreciate you calling me out on that.

Ever wonder why pharma has TV commercials to the general public? I believe it is by buying ads from the networks, there is a genuine fear of network news organizations saying anything negative about a medication...

Taking tinfoil hat off now. Again not telling anyone not to take meds or not taking doctors advice.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty easy, they can just sign up to be a "speaker." There was a study a few years back..... a chit ton of doctors were found to be receiving compensation equaling more than 100K.

More than 20 years ago, I used to watch Pharma companies spend $10K a night on dinners at the restaurant I worked at.
When wife is in ortho room, she said it's common for ortho sales reps to be in there with the surgeon, as procedure takes place.

When my cousin was doing pharma rep job, she could wine and dine docs, just like the oilfield guys back in the good old days.

It's business.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When wife is in ortho room, she said it's common for ortho sales reps to be in there with the surgeon, as procedure takes place.

When my cousin was doing pharma rep job, she could wine and dine docs, just like the oilfield guys back in the good old days.

It's business.
The ortho reps let me install an artificial disk in the spine of a cadaver once, they wanted to sho how easy it was and that "anyone can do it."

Latest posts

Top Bottom