Favorite Mexican Restaurant??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PePes in Edmond. Pepe is an old family friend and I love the fact that most of their food is made fresh. Even his chips are made from corn ground in the building out back and he sells them to a lot of other Mexican restaurants around the state.

I've been to Pepe's and it's not bad, but it was for lunch so I didn't have a beer. Do you know how they're served?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've never tried one, do it. They're actually thirst quenching, like drinking a Gatorade.

If I could find a Mexican restaurant that does their beers and has good service like Chelino's, but serves up something besides the typical cheese enchiladas, then I'd ditch Chelino's in a heartbeat.

Anybody got any suggestions? Alvarado's across from UCO is good, marginally better food than Chelino's with good service, but beers are served in either a bar pint glass or a frosted mug like you'd get at a bowling alley bar.

going on about the way your beer is served is borderline man card forfeiture grounds,it's beer just drink it girly man

timn8er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Top 5 for me and my wife:
1. Tarahumara's
2. Tarahumara's
3. Tarahumara's
4. Ted's
5. Chuy's

Of course we might be a bit biased since Tarahumara's was our first date.

Definitely Tarahumara!!! When I worked in Norman I would always jump at the chance to est there...if I could even get in! I always found Ted's to be mediocre. They give you a lot but its just not that good. Chelino's is better, but given a choice it has to be Tarahumara.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted's isn't Ted's anymore since it got bought out and went corporate. It was very good when it opened, but not as good now.

Alfredo's used to be better than it is now too, don't know what happened to them either , maybe franchising or expansion trying to make everything the same cookie cutter dishes, just does'nt seem as fresh as it once was.

I don't have a favorite anymore. Now I'm just disappointed :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom