Favorite Mexican Restaurant??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
San Marco's on SW 59th and Youngs

Taqueria Sanchez - taco truck that parks at NW 10th and Tulsa

Ted's, Abel's, Alfredo and others have simply gotten overpriced and overhyped for what they serve. San Marco's has managed to stay relatively close to the quality and value they started with 8-9 years ago.

If you want good torta's buy your own bolillo rolls and make them yourself.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?123850-Grilled-Pork-Torta

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my wife usually go to Teds or Iguana Grill when were in OKC. We've tried Abuelos a couple times and like it also. There use to be a place in Lawton called El Zarape that we went to A LOT when I was younger, but it closed up several years ago. Man I miss that place! I will never go back to Eduardos in Chickasha. It just wasnt good the last time I went there, which was 2 or 3 years ago. Not sure if its any better now or not.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PaQuitos in Yukon! And yes it's good. Not fancy, but good.

Yes it is good. I like Alfredo's in Yukon also. As well as San Marcos at 122nd. But the best is a place I found and cannot remember the name off. It's on western s of the old coits on the west side of the road. Real good. Whenever I go to Cargill for feed an mineral I always stop there.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I am in the OKC area and want Mexican food, I go to one of the Cocina De Mino locations.

Nothing fancy just really good food, and lots of it.

I have never understood why Ted's is so popular, it is just okay to me.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chelino's. The Edmond location is the best, the Midwest City location is second, and the rest absolutely suck, especially the one downtown (if it's still there).

It's not hard to find better Mexican food (even chain store Abuelo's has better food), but it's hard to beat the service. Every time we go in, they know exactly what we want to drink and it's usually on our table within the first couple of minutes of being seated. Also, there are too many Mexican restaurants that fail to serve up a well constructed beer. Most seem to use a regular bar pint glass with a squeezed lime half. Chelino's serves theirs up in a frozen schooner glass dressed with optional salt and lime. Whether or not this is an authentic serving method of Mexico, I don't know, nor do I care. All I know is that I like it so much that, if given the choice, I will pass on a Mexican restaurant that doesn't serve their beer this way:

417181_10150724774791690_1430446272_n.jpg

Actually the one in Norman is the best one around now, and I've been eating at Chileno's since he only had the two locations on Robinson and Grand. Armando runs it, and when he's there, it's the best around. The one in Bricktown has sucked since the day they opened it.

I never order off the menu, I always let my server bring me something, and very rarely is what I get even on the menu.

Also, always order a botanas, and some of Chelino's Special salsa. If it's our regular waiter, he doesn't even bring us the red and cheese salsa.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in OKC, or Oklahoma for that matter, but Cancun Mexican Grill in Anthony, KS is by far the best I've ever had.

Thats a pretty bold statement considering the size of the Hispanic population and the shear number of places serving Mexican food in Oklahoma.

Although, I have yet to see a place in Oklahoma like Super Pollo in Liberal KS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom