Favorite Mexican Restaurant??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And Danny Tanner, yes they serve beer in the awesome giant frosted chalices like in your pic. FYI, if you want some of those for your home bar, you can buy them at Parks Distributing, on the I-35 service road just North of SW 25th. When I go with mexi beer, I'm a Tecate guy.

I've found these at another restaurant supply company, but they're only sold by the dozen at around $100. I own 1. I had two, after I convinced someone from the MWC Chelino's to sell me a couple for $6/each, but broke one during a move. So do you know if these are sold individually or by the case? Being a distributor, I'm going to imagine they're probably not sold in singles.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually the one in Norman is the best one around now, and I've been eating at Chileno's since he only had the two locations on Robinson and Grand. Armando runs it, and when he's there, it's the best around. The one in Bricktown has sucked since the day they opened it.

I never order off the menu, I always let my server bring me something, and very rarely is what I get even on the menu.

Also, always order a botanas, and some of Chelino's Special salsa. If it's our regular waiter, he doesn't even bring us the red and cheese salsa.

I've actually never been to the one in Norman, so I should rephrase my statement. Of the ones I've been to, my choice is Edmond. There are a couple I haven't been to, but the worst one, in my opinion, is on May near I-44. It's even worse than the downtown location, if you can imagine that. I'm rarely in Norman except when I'm passing through on I-35, but the next time I'm hungry around that way I'll check out Chelino's for a little location comparison.

Thanks and appreciate the other tips!

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am flabbergasted that it took someone until page 6 to mention Casa De Los Milagros. The menu is outstanding, the decor is awesome, the service has never been bad, and they serve Dos Equis. the best part? Lawful carry is not only allowed, it's encouraged. Open carry is even encouraged. 5111 N Classen Blvd, just south of the Belle Isle bridge.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tarahumara in Norman is great.
Ted's - some people rave about it; some call it average. I vote 'average'.
Eduardo's in Chickasha is indeed ghastly - Munoz' in Chick and Anadarko is really good.

El Zarape in Lawton has been gone for a while, but it was excellent.

El Chico's in the Sooner Fashion Mall in Norman is pretty 'middle of the road', but great for mall food.

Little Anita's or Guardunio's in ABQ are super! Green chilies! :heart:

Cedar Creek

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW I never eat at Chilenos. I boycotted them long ago. They were closed during the Illegal Alien march for their rights across the county. I simply do not support Illegal Aliens receiving a path to citizenship, nor on the public tax payers dole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom