Finally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are worse things in life than not having 2 pensions.
Yep. I retired last May after 28 years of active duty with the USPHS. I was off like 7 days before starting back as a GS employee. I have to work another 4 years to qualify for a FERS retirement that would be deferred until I'm 62. Hopefully the next 4 fly by like the last year.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I retired last May after 28 years of active duty with the USPHS. I was off like 7 days before starting back as a GS employee. I have to work another 4 years to qualify for a FERS retirement that would be deferred until I'm 62. Hopefully the next 4 fly by like the last year.
Damn! Good luck!! Hope it goes as planned and 4 years from now you are posting "Check it out BB! I MADE it!" 😁😘

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now go do 10 at ODOC and draw 2 retirements
hah no. I've had my fill of inmates, restraints, pepper spray, hustles, shakedowns, lock downs. Its been a good career and I've raised three kids working there. I don't have to do anything and will do something but no to law enforcement of any kind.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hah no. I've had my fill of inmates, restraints, pepper spray, hustles, shakedowns, lock downs. Its been a good career and I've raised three kids working there. I don't have to do anything and will do something but no to law enforcement of any kind.

I concur. Once I retire, I'm finished with LE work. Hell, I've already got the T-shirt picked out...

A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_81+R9s+WZFL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UY1000_.jpg

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to retire this year, it's just not in the cards. Fortunately I'm on the civil side, so no mandatory retirement age. Whether I do three more or six will just depend on how much GAF I have left in me. :)
I say 4 more years or one bad day. not sure I have 4 left in me

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a friend who left OHP and went to the Fed Courthouse. I told Grumpy he could do what he wanted but he needed to decide if that side chick was really as good a "housekeeper" as I was because that's who he'd be moving in with. 🤷 He's at O'Reilly's now. 😉😂😂 I love him but that friend was toxic as ****. He'd be spending 8 hours a day with that ******* hearing "Hey!! You could tap THAT piece of ass and Patti would never know!"

🤨🙄 FIRST, Patti ALWAYS knows. It's a gift I have.

And second, after you've had the best, second best, while still nice and mostly tolerable, is NOT what you hoped it would be. (Yes, that goes for me, also. While I could replace Grumpy he has ... Hmmmm ... A specific set of skills. Skills he's acquired. ☺️)

There are worse things in life than not having 2 pensions. 🤷

Post #10 will never equal Post #12.

Latest posts

Top Bottom