Finding tree stands on your property.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wish I was joking Dennis. You ever had a person say that they had permission to fish or 4 wheel after you point back to the gate they cut open?

I'd like to have a nice sized piece of property to retire on, nice pond etc. Chasing the people off of it when I get it won't be fun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I was joking Dennis. You ever had a person say that they had permission to fish or 4 wheel after you point back to the gate they cut open?

I'd like to have a nice sized piece of property to retire on, nice pond etc. Chasing the people off of it when I get it won't be fun.

More than once. Called in a tag number to the Sheriff's dept one day after finding a gate down and a vehicle inside. The GW was on the other side of the county, and the only deputy on duty was working a serious accident.

They were hiding somewhere, and I didn't relish going after them during gun season. Drove around a bit, left for awhile, and when I came back the vehicle was gone.
This one place I have is a magnet for trespassers. Its on a river, and isolated.

Caught others in the field in other places, asked them if they knew who owned it, and usually get some name. I'm not one to administer an ass eating when I do catch them. Just firmly tell them to leave and not come back as the next time won't be so easy.
Whats tough is when you catch them with kids, so I'll pull the adult to the side, and let them walk out with a little dignity and their kids not knowing why.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a terrible trespassing and poaching problem. Finally got pics of a poacher walking through at night spotlight and gun in hand. Not able to identify, but should he ever be caught it might help. Not a lot you can do. Especially when you're dealing with oilfield egress rights. Somehow those combinations seem to get out. I've run off everything from "squirrel hunters" with 30-06 out of season to guys "tracking wounded game" during season. Funny when you tell them they can track it as soon as their rifles go back on the other side of the fence, they never seem to want to keep tracking. As far as treestands, feeders and blinds, I usually just remove them. No note necessary, hard luck of trespassing.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hung about $40 worth of new "No Trespassing" signs this last Sunday on any property that looks like it will hold a pheasant. Crappy part is, I do this about every 2 or 3 years to replace the shot up ones or the ones that are torn down.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If it would just rain about 2" every Thursday or Friday, it would take care of 99% of all the landowner/trespasser problems up here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it would just rain about 2" every Thursday or Friday, it would take care of 99% of all the landowner/trespasser problems up here.

2" of rain every week would take care of a lot of problems right now in Oklahoma.

Yes, and Yes.

I have my screw gun in the truck. New signs are going up this week as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom