Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently anyone can go into business as long as the ad Tactical to thier name.

I'd give the owner a chance to correct it. If he bawks thn all the aforementioned options could come into play.

Sent from Missile Silo 341A

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the amount of grinding and welding done to the end of that thing I wouldn't be surprised if the bore is deformed. I wouldn't shoot it.

Here is their Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Armory-and-Tactical/125050700961685

I guess they broke some dudes glock, you will also find some reviews stating they are horrible if you Google em.

FWIW, that's not their FB page...It's a bot page, but at least it'll help get the word out.

Here's their website: http://www.aatfirearms.com

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to get that gas block off of there without ramifications and from the coloration at the end of the barrel, it looks like they got it too hot anyways. I'd trash the barrel and make them buy me all new parts.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or cut it down for a pistol/SBR. If that is a middy BCM barrel you should have enough meat left to make it work.

I worry about that metal under the gas block, I'll bet the weld went deep. Even if you broke that off you'd probably have to do some grinding on the barrel, and that's one place you don't want boogered up.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my doubts that the weld on the gas block is very deep and it doesn't look like the gas block weld area was chamfered. Combined with the cold look of that weld I could be convinced that no permanent damage had been done in that area. You make a good point though, and it would need to be removed to make any assessment. Aside from that, The fact is whomever did this abomination should be the new owner, with complete replacement of all parts made to the current owner. At which point The "armorer" responsible can stick it up his fourth point of contact for all I care.

Latest posts

Top Bottom