Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he still builds the upper with the flash hider/gas block in that condition he is a moron. He not only runs the risk of hurting himself but he gives them a reason to not replace the parts THEY damaged. I just read some pretty bad reviews about that place online and on Facebook but nothing to this degree.

Do you have a link to those reviews?

I know for sure the gas block is a no go but other than looking horrible, what wrong with the flash hider? It looks like they screwed it on and just welded it to the barrel. What am I missing?

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a link to those reviews?

I know for sure the gas block is a no go but other than looking horrible, what wrong with the flash hider? It looks like they screwed it on and just welded it to the barrel. What am I missing?

With the amount of grinding and welding done to the end of that thing I wouldn't be surprised if the bore is deformed. I wouldn't shoot it.

Here is their Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Armory-and-Tactical/125050700961685

I guess they broke some dudes glock, you will also find some reviews stating they are horrible if you Google em.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with permanent that they could have over heated the barrel in the pic with out the gas block it looks slightly warped but it could be the texture on the steering wheel.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless as to what happens, I would take it back up there with receipts and pictures and basically say look sir, I need all new parts, you can have this piece of crap. I want a refund for the money I paid you for this ****, and I will take my business elsewhere.

If you fail to comply, civil court plus really really really bad reviews in every place I can find, as well as addressing this with the BBB and any other organization I can find.

Safety is also a concern of mine regarding this. There is NO TELLING what kind of backyard redneck crap they did in order to make this happen. For all we know they used some solder and an oven and went to town. Judging by pictures, that's probably not too far off.

Anyways, I would also be worried about the bore and whether or not they managed to warp the flash hider. I assure you, you do NOT want to be the one pulling the trigger if that bullet lodges in that flash hider somehow. Unlikely, yes, but crazier **** has happened. Always remember that.

Good luck, and my professional ******* offer stands, sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom