Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way back in 1969, as I was graduating from college, I interviewed with a firm in Madison Wisconsin. When I discovered all those "hitching post outlets" in the parking lot, I knew Wisconsin was no place for anyone from Oklahoma.

Once I realized what those posts in the parking lots meant I had the same thought.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, for 3 years back in the early 1970's when my Dad was stationed at Ft. Wainwright while in the Army.

Vehicles had after-market engine block heaters where we plugged our maroon Ford Galaxie 500 in to an electric hitching post-like device. Without them, engines would not have proper lubrication and would seize or otherwise be damaged.

There were at least a couple of vehicles in our area that had steering wheels crack from drivers getting in without warming the vehicle up and pulling too hard on the wheel.

Tires got so cold they would be flatter on the bottom when you started driving and bump along, kind of like the Flintstone's rock tires.

It would get so cold we got "ice fog" where the moisture in the air froze, resulting in almost no visibility.

School was not canceled unless it was -50 degrees or colder.

In January of 1971 it got down to -60 degrees.
Didn't bother me because I was a teenager and too cool with my coat and rock and roll boots to care! :freezing:

View attachment 193234

Awesome pic!
Even when I was stationed at Ft Leavenworth KS in the NE part of the state, we had to have engine block heaters to get our private vehicles started in the mornings during winter. They spliced into the lower radiator hose using an extension cord ran from the house. We lived in an apartment complex with everyone having a power outlet adjacent to the front door.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else on center point energy for natural gas?

Did you get the email asking you turn your thermostats down to 60-65 during the day and 50-55 at night? They claim there is a gas shortage and this is needed to be sure there is enough gas and to prevent outages.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else on center point energy for natural gas?

Did you get the email asking you turn your thermostats down to 60-65 during the day and 50-55 at night? They claim there is a gas shortage and this is needed to be sure there is enough gas and to prevent outages.
I'm not on center point energy or natural gas even but 60° during the day and 50°-55° at night is normal for me this time of year. I am very hot natured (read fat) and I sleep so much better when it's cold plus it helps keep the electric bill down.

Oh, and I've never heard of a natural gas shortage in Oklahoma that I can recall.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not on center point energy or natural gas even but 60° during the day and 50°-55° at night is normal for me this time of year. I am very hot natured (read fat) and I sleep so much better when it's cold plus it helps keep the electric bill down.

Oh, and I've never heard of a natural gas shortage in Oklahoma that I can recall.

supposedly wellheads are froze up. I can see it happening but reserves should be in place to handle that situation.

I normally turn my thermostat down at night as well.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch the ICE....and I'm not talking about the hero's that deport Illegals...

<iframe width="706" height="422" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ready............went to the store Thursday and the freezer/fridge are full.

Got some real Mexican food last night and tonight: Viva Mexico!!!!

Mole(Mo-lay) Chicken:
XrnmQX-gQsoplVzXLn8mOgn8MBzeWvN0ok0w9mCon6XlhW28Ws-aaKObh11_rNe_thWusjTmMOOvL4NX4vEqt3edq1KKNyRZrwae1lk=w600-rj-l68-e365

A few tacos: Buche Tacos
[Broken External Image]

And a jug...yes a big container... of Menudo!!!
DF3XUJZc8VdfZiWAz5HfMatg-pXsZAA6xX8T1vSWb5ymFr87zVJ0MsulhNLAa_vmHRb0zoc7PKHqZvqwKR-cw9mRxsuIKhaoLtPp6_Ra=w1200-l75

Of course a little on the side..........:hey3:

El mejor....Numero uno....El mas grande!!!!!

iwlptjarazs51.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gas wells are freezing up due to these temps. A employee of one company told me they can not meet demand without pulling out of reserve's. At that time he said if well's didn't come back on they had 7 days left in reserve's at the rate they were using it and that was this past Friday. Another company shut down a entire processing plant because not enough gas to operate it in the panhandle of Texas. A 200 million mmcf a day plant because the wells are froze and it takes a minimum of 100 million mmcf a day to operate properly and the input was less than 50 mmcf. The power plants demand has increased substantially which needs more natural gas to meet those demands. If this 8 to 15 inches of snow comes in along with the below 0 temps more wells are going to freeze off because workers wont be able to get to them and keep them flowing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom