Getting a Kindle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my god stop recommending iPads to people shopping for Kindles. It happens all the time and I f*&king hate that.

Yeah, a Kindle isn't a general-purpose computer but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be an e-book reader and it does that very well.

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

awww.escuchar_musica_espagnola.com_musica.internacional_Alanis8bcdf7973cc6890770cc838ba2e3d0ab.jpg

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh my god stop recommending iPads to people shopping for Kindles. It happens all the time and I f*&king hate that.

Yeah, a Kindle isn't a general-purpose computer but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be an e-book reader and it does that very well.

I have a portable computing device that can do lots of stuff well. It's called a laptop. If I wanted a portable computing device that was tiny and portable I'd get an Eee PC or whatever netbook people like these days. I also have a portable computing device that isn't much good at anything but it's super-duper-portable. That's my iPhone.

If I wanted something that didn't do any of that well at all I guess I'd consider an iPad but I could get a used Glock 19 for the same price and I'd rather have a gun than trendy crap that doesn't do anything I want well.
Holy PMS, BatMan!

:D

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always recommend that you get the more expensive one, the one with the 3g. Otherwise, you have to have access to wi-fi.

Unless you've got an Android phone... then you can tether through your phone set up as a wifi hotspot.

This.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing how emotional folks get over stupid stuff. Stop the hatin'.

The guy says ipad is out. I'm cool with that. Some of you say it isn't good as a reader. You don't know what you're talking about.

I've been using mine since it came out. I'm at the Command and General Staff College right now. All the pubs are online. Field manuals, Army regulation, Center for Army Lessons Learned articles, etc... all get downloaded and read on my ipad. I've got beaucoup project gutenberg ebooks downloaded and I read every night.

If you don't want one or like them, fine. Your "they suck for reading" comments are obviously not from lots of hands on experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom