Getting home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We appreciate those like you, Elm Creek Smith, who head towards the SH when it impacts the spinning propeller.

Aw, shucks. At this point it's pretty much force of habit to "...move toward the sounds of the guns like salmon to the sea." (- Rudyard Kipling) It's the opposite of what I recommend to others. It's what the fire chief, who has been known to voluntarily enter burning buildings, has characterized as, "That's crazy!"

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly late to the party, but it sounds like you work on campus. Having worked there myself, there are plenty of tunnel access & ways to get all over campus without ever going above ground. Also, because I was always working late/odd hours/weekends & underground, campus police got to know me pretty well & would notify me if there was something to be aware of (weather, news, etc.). They hang out right there on 10th waiting for someone to hit a pedestrian, so make yourself familiar.
I agree that area is not pleasant on a good day. I'd follow the suggestion of getting a good gps & start searching alternate routes. Unfortunately, that is a pretty tough area to come up with a reliable, safe exit plan.
I also like the idea of having a stash along your route JIC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom