What my eye doc told me,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had cataract surgery and I'm not happy with my results,eyes water all the time at times it's almost like I'm crying and can't see for chit
You may have acquired POC. My wife did and went to optometrist who can diagnose it.
The treatment is with a laser. It’s painless, takes 5 minutes and is outpatient.
I’d check with your eye Dr.

What is posterior capsule opacity?​

Sometimes blurry vision is caused by PCO, a fairly common complication that can occur weeks, months or (more frequently) years after cataract surgery. It happens when the lens capsule, the membrane that holds your new, intraocular lens in place, becomes hazy or wrinkled and starts to cloud vision. PCO is a result of cells growing on the membrane over time, similar to scar tissue.

What helps?​

This condition can be treated with a quick and safe laser procedure called a YAG laser capsulotomy. Your cataract surgeon will use a laser to make an opening in the cloudy capsule, allowing light to pass through for clear vision. The procedure takes about 5 minutes and does not require an incision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom