Getting out of a wedding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thought just struck me that these people might not really even know your friend and maybe he’s looking for a buddy to hang with and endure the misery together. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’d ask him. “I love ya man but I’m confused?”

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As God is my witness, I said "We don't have to do this. We can just live in sin" to Grumpy as we were walking down the hall to the judge's chambers. I wanted to wear a new pair of jeans and a nice shirt. Oh hell no, I wound up in a frilly "Cathy Keeting" blouse (remember those lacy sleeves 🙄) and a navy blue suit and heels. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

My first wedding was even LESS pretentious than my one to Grumpy. Sigh ... I don't like weddings.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, are you so "self-important" that you can't give up a little of your precious time to show respect to a family member (or friend for that matter) If they invited you, it's a pretty good indication that thay would like for you to be part of an important event in their lives.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, are you so "self-important" that you can't give up a little of your precious time to show respect to a family member (or friend for that matter) If they invited you, it's a pretty good indication that thay would like for you to be part of an important event in their lives.
Screw'em.
If they try to pull you away from deer season, screw'em in an unnatural way.

I have a finite amount of time on this earth. I don't intend to waste it at places I don't want to be. I wouldn't ask that of them, either.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to feel obligated to attend certain events, because I wanted to get along with family. But 20 years or so ago, I pissed off that entire bunch, and we haven't gotten together for anything since.

We did have to tolerate each other for about 2-3 weeks back in June 2018 when BOTH of our parents died within 11 days of each other. But once the entire estate was settled (spring 2019) I haven't spoken one single word to any of them.

Of course, my situation is a little strange and more complex than others. My family and I haven't spoken, texted, emailed, carrier pigeon, smoke signals - NOTHING since 2019. It's rather refreshing really.

Besides...as I've aged, I couldn't care more than two shits about what folks think anyway. 🖕

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... My time is important to me . Why would I spend it doing things I do not want to do any more than absolutely necessary. Some dude I see a couple times a year does not pass the cull. Personal friend and close family is a different deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom