Getting Ready for Norman Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the prices are outrageous, I predict you will see two different types of responses. The desperate newbies who waited too long to buy AR's will pay $3k for a Bushmaster and everyone else will probably voice their displeasure with loud exclamations of "you gotta be sh*****g me" or "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot."

I am going to try to make it down there. I am the one you can hear screaming from Tulsa for the last week! Wiskey Tango Foxtrot is mild compared to what I been saying!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave, Remember I want to help and I work for free. I guess that's cheap, but I'm definitely want to be working when BB shows. Is she going to bring her famous Choc. Chip Cookies?

Stan, I can always use your help at the show. The cookies may be an urban legend. I've heard of them but never seen one. (tongue in cheek)

LOL ... that's what makes them taste so good when they finally show up ... Just ask that there navy_chief fella who embarrassed me to no-end in Chickasha! Good God, I could have sunk into the tile at Nighthawk's table ... :wink2:

We have a secret hand shake.

:eek2: HEY!! I'M NOT doing THAT again!! :lookaroun (My therapist told me I didn't either have to do THAT ... You guys ... But he did say to tell you guys thank you -- he really, really, really likes his new boat ... :cry11: )

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna pass up shows for a while. Even the cheap ones. People are paying outrageous prices for anything they can get their hands on and I'm not willing to spend the coin on overpriced goods. If the reports from Texas are any indicator, most are having to wait in a long line just to get in. One guy on another board I frequent commented that it took almost 2 hours just to drive the last 2 miles to the gun show.

vonhismean

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there were quite a few for sale. ranging from 2 to 4 times their price 2 weeks ago. one of the guys sold his ak for 1500 and is kicking himself for not asking 3k for it. he says it would have sold easily at that show.

Ban or no ban I dont see the prices going down as low as they were for atleast the next 4 yr...Who knows could be wrong though...

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as Obama is in office the prospect of a ban will hang over our heads. However, if they dont get one passed by spring, the likelihood of it happening will decrease. Then prices will settle down.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as Obama is in office the prospect of a ban will hang over our heads. However, if they dont get one passed by spring, the likelihood of it happening will decrease. Then prices will settle down.

I think prices will settle down when a lot of folks realize they overspent and are looking to pay off those credit cards. The majority of the money will be gone by January or February, and Wally World will still be selling 700 dollar DPMS Oracles. I predict ammo will still be hard to find as most feel like they need a couple of pallets of it laying around.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure going to try and make this one. If the weather and cows cooperate I'll make it on the 13th. Well just have to wait and see. I'll be looking for either a .375 h&h or an older b-d serial number model 700 sa I need for my next build.

Latest posts

Top Bottom