glock 29 ccw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
buddy of mine is a ccw instructor and carryies a G29. Seems like a 10mm would get the job done. Anyone else carry a G29?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm certain that will grey the job done, and I've seen plenty of 10mm ammo at Academy. I've hea heard Buffalo Bore makes good (read: full power) self defense ammo in 10mm.

I carry a GLOCK 30 (exact same size, different caliber) everyday, and love it.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10mm may be great for a woods gun, but there is a pretty serious risk of over penetration. Imagine shooting that round inside a small store, that thing will zip straight through a person and anyone/anything behind them.

Try shooting that round at night as well, it's pretty blinding. I have a relative that used to carry a colt 10mm until I had him shoot it at night and demonstrated the penetration power of that round.

Don't get me wrong though, i love shooting 10mm and its my go to outdoors gun. I agree with the others that the longer slide is helpful.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
penetration is a good thing. In a self defense situation it is the last thing I would imagine thinking about, target shooting, then yep you need to know what is behind your target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom