going back to 40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny this topic should come up; I was in the south BA Walmart on Friday morning, and about the only pistol caliber ammo they had on the shelves was in either .32 ACP - or .40 SW. They had quite a bit of the latter, surprisingly.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Funny this topic should come up; I was in the south BA Walmart on Friday morning, and about the only pistol caliber ammo they had on the shelves was in either .32 ACP - or .40 SW. They had quite a bit of the latter, surprisingly.

thats what i have noticed also, and what prompted this. i reload for both but if i didn't 40 would make more sense right now. our wally world has 40 and 380 almost everyday

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I peddle a little brass on occasion. It seems the .40 is hard to get rid of unless your LEO, or shooting limited in USPSA. I reload .40, but I did notice some still on the shelf at the Ponca walmart as well.

nos8ed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found .40 S&W everywhere I've went. But there is a nice fella in the classifieds that says you can't find the stuff. I believe he was selling a 100rd box of Winchester for around $50. Wal-Mart has the same box on the shelf for $35.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people made this change after the last ammo scare. As a rersult even 40 is not sitting on the shelves gathering dust like last time. But it is still more readily available.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010229_1_zpsa9501f93.jpg

my 96 upper is DAO but works just fine

Why even label the mags? They interchange too.

I remember back in the dark days of the AWB one could buy a 10 round Beretta 96 mag and load up 15 rounds of 9MM in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom