Good semi for under about $800

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be a good semi for under $800?
I ain't looking for a Glock, they're nice but it's just nothing special to me.
I'm more into something around the size of a SA XDM 3.8 compact or bigger.
Something in either 9mm or 45.
I'm kinda scared to get an XDM because they remind me a bit to much like a Glock and then I'll probably feel disappointed.
But something like from HK, FNH, CZ, Sig, and maybe old S&W like their 3rd Generation series.
I'm not really sure what to get since I'm on a tight budget and I really want me something nice.
I'm already paying about $400 on parts and a revolver.
I really need help with this here.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hypothetically, I'd recommend a 1911, everybody needs one. Rock island makes a solid product, fairly inexpensive so you can use the rest on ammo & holsters.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is so bad about glocks? If you want a pistol that will be as reliable as they come I would get a glock. Plus the ease of breaking it down. I didn't get mine because if it's looks. After all, if you have to use it does it really matter what it looks like? What about a sig P229?

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is so bad about glocks? If you want a pistol that will be as reliable as they come I would get a glock. Plus the ease of breaking it down. I didn't get mine because if it's looks. After all, if you have to use it does it really matter what it looks like? What about a sig P229?

I had a Glock and it was "ok", I guess it just wasn't "my style"? Maybe a P229, those are cool or the M11-A1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom