Good semi for under about $800

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redline

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time in Tulsa go to Second Hand Rose and handle a CZ 75...I think you'll be impressed.
No I don't work for them but after being prepared to spend $4K for a custom 1911 in 9mm the CZ just fit better.

USSA is starting to carry quite a bit of the cz line as well, and then you can go shoot it because after you hold one you will buy it.:wink2:

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pharr Shot - The Kahr's can be a great shooting unit, my ex CW9 was extremely accurate, but I had to work with Kahr themselves as their mag lip dimensions and/or their frames were getting a bit off………and would have mag release issues especially when empty.

The real caution comes with the Trigger - dependent upon your hand size, the LONG trigger pull/press could be unacceptable or not consistent for you on a first shot SHTF situation. If its for Carry/defense, I'd suggest renting one. If it is going to be your one and only, and THE ONE you WILL Train with. Fine, but if you're like the rest with different trigger systems for each gun you have……………….Liability. And every bullet launched errantly or off target is a liability.

Similar to the Kahr in Size would be the Walther PPS, XDs, G42, SW SV9, …….to look at.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being my son he has had lots of trigger time with a lot of different guns. Everything from a Walther PPK/s(he also has one I gave him) to his own Beretta Centurion. He also has a Colt Gold Cup National Match that we are getting his geared up for a Comp gun. He's also shot my CW9 and likes it. He went through a period of shooting Glocks, but never really got to like them. He really prefers metal instead of plastic except for the Kahr's, and my Walther P99.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pharr Shot - The Kahr's can be a great shooting unit, my ex CW9 was extremely accurate, but I had to work with Kahr themselves as their mag lip dimensions and/or their frames were getting a bit off………and would have mag release issues especially when empty.

The real caution comes with the Trigger - dependent upon your hand size, the LONG trigger pull/press could be unacceptable or not consistent for you on a first shot SHTF situation. If its for Carry/defense, I'd suggest renting one. If it is going to be your one and only, and THE ONE you WILL Train with. Fine, but if you're like the rest with different trigger systems for each gun you have……………….Liability. And every bullet launched errantly or off target is a liability.

Similar to the Kahr in Size would be the Walther PPS, XDs, G42, SW SV9, …….to look at.

I might get Kahr's new "CT45". I do like the Walther PPS, the SA XDs, and the sub-compact doublestack XDM's. I just wish Kahr would make a stainless steel .45!!!! If' they were to make that in their "full size" frame, that would be PERFECT!

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ SP-01 is one of the most beautiful handguns on the market bar none.

I have a glock by my bed and I know there are a lot of glock fans on the site. IMO the CZ 75 is the best non 1911 semi by a long margin. I have never seen one that did not work. They are more accurate out of the box than most custom glocks or xd striker fire guns. The only advantage the plastic guns have is weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom