Got some B-52 love at the range today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE this plane! :w000t:

B-52-1.jpg

Attachments

• B-52.jpg
    B-52.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 52

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BUFF... Pretty awesome piece of hardware. The "youngest" B-52 will be 60 years old in Oct of 2022 (assuming it's still in service).
Yeah, my grandpa worked on them. He retired in freaking 1974 from Tinker before I was even born. Geez, he died at age 82, 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magnificent aircraft. I've read about a grandfather, father and son flying the same aircraft.

https://www.minot.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/264580/three-generations-of-b-52-airmen/
1628815419579.png

Col. Sprague, Daniel's grandfather, was commissioned by ROTC. He went to Maxwell AFB, Ala., for additional training, where he met Daniel's grandmother, Marion. He attended pilot training in Texas. During his career he flew the F-86 Saber, the B-47 and then "the mighty B-52," flying every model from the A to H.

Sprague flew combat missions in Vietnam. As a result of one of those missions over North Vietnam, he became a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Sprague returned from Vietnam and was assigned to Minot AFB in the early 1970s "where he became the squadron commander of the 23rd Bomber Barons." Sprague then was assigned to Mather AFB, Calif., where he became the wing commander.
Don Welch, Daniel's father, was commissioned by ROTC, and assigned to Mather. While there he met Diane Sprague, the Wing Commander's daughter. Shortly after they were married, in the early 1980s, they were assigned to Guam where Daniel was born.

Latest posts

Top Bottom