Love's Travel Stop Pizza

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an idea for a pizza I want to make next time I feel like making one from scratch. On a thin crust, use A1 think & Hearty for the sauce, ground beef or venison, onion, shrooms, maybe a sprinkle on Montreal steak seasoning and lite cheddar to hold it all together. I have got to do that soon.

I would call it Okie style pizza but ours would probably have chicken fried steak and cream gravy for the sauce.

Godfathers had a Taco pizza that had taco sauce as the base.

Now I make a lot of pizza here at home and use the large flour tortilla from the grocery store.
I can fit 2 on a wide steel baking sheet.

I suppose steak sauce would work but it would be a crunchy flat steak taco.
I use tomato paste and then Italian seasoning and garlic and onion powder on the sauce.

Then stack the goodies on top.
DO NOT buy already shredded cheese that stuff has cellulose in it and maybe rice flour to keep it from sticking together.
It will NOT melt correctly.

I have used colby jack cheese on regular pizza and it works perfectly.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I typically can go all day without eating if I’m busy. That being said I do occasionally knuckle under to my fleshly desires and eat something at travel plazas. Loves usually rises to the acceptable level and I don’t recall ever having problems with it afterwards.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out hunting hogs and on the way home, stopped at a Love's to get a snack. Kinda embarrassing, but I got a small Godfather's all meat pizza and either I was really hungry or it was actually pretty good. I'd get one again. Somewhat surprised. Expensive though.
Everything is overpriced at a Love's

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same thought. Love's just celebrated 60 years of business. An Oklahoma owned business, employing thousands of folks, mega donations to various organizations......must be something we can complain about.
Plus it is a freaking convenience store. Of course the prices are going to be high. They are at all stores in that industry.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get one of the Godfathers Pizzas the classic combo at the Loves in Tecumseh when i am out that way.
Always EXCELLENT!!
Braums is good there also.
I worked at Godfathers in Moore when they were around and these are darn near the same.
Only difference is the crust is frozen now.
We made dough fresh daily. Had to let it rise 2 times then roll out and put it on the pan and it had to proof or rise a bit on the pan before it could be slathered with sauce and goodies.

Either way they are tasty.
Another good pizza can be found at the Pizza Hut near south 29th and May.
Pizza Hut in Yukon is a no go after getting the others.

Who makes pizza dough anymore? Some tastes pre-made or frozen. Hideaway and Eagle One uses fresh dough, not pre-made.
I like fresh dough....my wife makes best pizza or calzone using pizza dough from refrigerated section.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom