Gun legislation question pertaining to CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PteBurdenR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello there,

Well the wife and I have spoken for some time about moving back to her ancestral home as it were, back to California (both her parents are from there but they moved here back in the 80s). Main reason being I am a computer games designer and thats where the work is.

Anyways, I know the guns laws in CA are very different to else where. If I were to take my No.1 Mk.III* SMLE with me, what paperwork would I need to fill in? I assume even California hasn't banned bolt-action rifles (they'd be worse than England if they did)

Any information appreciated. Thanks

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Of course you realize that every 22 yo "computer games designer in the country has the same ideas about moving to CA, right? Especially the Silicon Valley area.
Before you decide to move to a state that has a bankrupt state government, very high unemployment and a tax burden 2nd only to New York City you might want to do some serious job opportunity research.
I exercising your 2nd Amendment rights are important to you then additional research is warranted. Take a look at the Calguns forum.

PteBurdenR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That wasn't really the question gentlemen, although I appreciate the input. My decision is my own and I won't continue that branch of the discussion.

I'll take a look at the links and investigate. If I end up having to sell my SMLE, well, no huge skin off my nose. However, I am figuring there must be some way to own a rifle in CA, as there is a major First World War re-enactment group out there. Can't really do Gallipoli without a Lithgow...

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt all of the re-enactment guns are fake movie guns... From just reading the FAQ a bit, I couldn't imagine having to deal with that much crap! Talk about a state not worth the soil it's on...

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I know about gun legislation in CA is that I'd never live there willingly.

On the other hand....there are some game dev companies in Austin too. Not sure if anyone is hiring, but Austin seems to be popular for game dev as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom