Gun Show "Deal or No Deal"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Craziest thing happened today at a gun show. I ran into guy that was interested in my AR15 Pistol. We talked numbers and did not agree he gave me his business card and said if I change my mind to give him a call. I ran into him one more time and we talked numbers again and I agreed to meet him in the middle. He said "lets do it" so I am thinking we have a deal right? Lets just make the exchange right? He then said he did not have a check book (Good because I don't take checks on gun deals) and that he did not have the cash on him. I know right? He then said to call him and we could make it happen on Tuesday. It is just too funny. So, Deal or No Deal? Until cash is in my hand then I say no deal. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a deal like that, its for sale until I have the cash. Next person with cash will have priority. I am not trusting a stranger to honor their word. Thats why this site is great, I do have faith in our membership here to honor their word.

4GFirearms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, when the negotiation is happening then the buyer better have the money right then, not a few days later. I am making a "Deal" at that moment, not a deal for Tuesday....

If I sell it before Tuesday then the buyer missed out, if not then he can have it tuesday. Too many people flake out, and then if you tell people it is already sold then you lost out on a sale... Now IF he gave you money down to hold it til Tuesday then I would hold it.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, no deal. If he didn't have the cash then he probably won't Tuesday and will try to string you along.
Beside that, if I take a firearm to a gunshow it's to sell right then. If it doesn't sell it goes back to the safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom