Have you ever swore off a bar or place of establishment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Church-no church for me. I quit going when the church I went to took up 5 collections in one sitting. I learned what hypocrites were at the same church by watching the preacher talk about how people should live their lives as humble and give to others as often as possible and then watched him go get in his brand new BMW. I got tired of hearing person after person trying to tell others how they should live their lives and why they are destined for Hell. I look at it this way, I'm going to try and be the best person I can-no false representation. Then when I get to the gates to be judged I've got nobody to blame but myself. Hopefully I've been a decent enough person to gain access, if not-going down with only myself to blame.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on the church thing. When I met my wife, she was working part time at a church in MWC playing piano. The preacher was a total dick to her and she literally came home crying after their Wed. night practice one night. I dont recall the particulars but I know I was worried about going to jail over any confrontation that I may be involved in with this prick. He was a young single guy and was later found to be having an affair with one of the married women in the congregation. So she quit that job and we started going to the Methodist church in town. Nice preacher, young guy and single. Yep, busted him for boning a married woman in the congregation too.
done with church, I dont need to go anywhere further than my living room to pray and be close to God. And I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom