Have you ever swore off a bar or place of establishment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have seen and if you look and pay attention; almost EVERY food establishment is serviced by SYSCO. They are all serving the same frozen, over processed CRAP.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!
Unless you eat at a high end place that specializes in fresh food, you get Sysco.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KFC. Years ago I jumped in the drive-thru line behind one other car already at the menu, approximately 10:15 (45 minutes before closing). After several minutes, this car that was there for who knows how long before I got there, just drove off. I didn't know why until it was my turn. I sit there, I see the employees inside look at me, yet nobody comes over the intercom to take my order, or wave me up to the window in case the system is broken. I'm in my lower 20s with nothing better to do, so I decide to wait it out. 11:00 rolls around and they start turning the lights off. I decide it's time to see what's up. I pull up to the window, knock on it, and someone opens, "Can I help you?" I say, "Yeah, I'd like to order some food." She says, "We're closed". I said, "I know that, but you weren't 45 minutes ago when I got here." She said, "Sorry" and closed the window. This was at 23rd and Douglas.

Britton Seed and Feed. They put up a no guns sign. I wrote them a polite letter, explaining that they have the right to put that sign up, but I ask them to reconsider it by either removing it completely or putting one up that allowed lawfully carried guns. I told them I respect their decision either way, but with the sign up I'll take my business where I feel more welcomed. I hand delivered it to the clerk who gave it to the management (I was unable to discuss this with them). I came back for dog food 2 weeks later, saw the sign up, backed out of my spot, left and never returned.

Red River Roofing. I had a roof leak that I couldn't pin point, but knew it was around my chimney. I called them out and they agree to fix the leak for $250. They do the work, I pay them, and a few days later it rains. Guess what? Roof still leaks. I call them back and they come back out to fix it (they're only sealing it). A couple of days go by and it rains and my roof still leaks. I call and explain that the agreement was they'll fix it for $250. They have $250 and my roof still leaks after two visits. They tell me it'll require more work which will be more money. I then ask for a refund. They initially refuse, justifying it by saying "My guys have been out there twice doing work on your roof." and I continue to remind them of the agreement, either stop my leak or refund my money. They finally refunded my cash. While they made good on the refund, I'll pass on calling them back out if I ever need roof work done again.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup and I don't.
I'm not usually easily offended as evedence by my still being here. :)
But if it's nasty or rude I'm gone. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

We will second this. When we are done, we are done. If I am paying, I expect to get what I am led to believe I am paying for. If not, I will not be back. Wifey is more critical in some ways than I am, but that is OK with me, we go where we feel we are comfortable and get what we expect. Both of us had to put up with too many ******* people and companies when we were working our seperate businesses. We are done with that.

I wish someone had not mentioned churches and religion in places they might not go back to, it is a little sore spot with me down deep in many ways. I do not go to Church any more, and most likely never will again except for weddings and funerals for other people I respect.

If I am “paying” for my life by being honest, having ethics, and doing my best to treat people fair, I expect service in the end by not going to hell. I do the best I can to be a good individual. If it is not good enough, I get fired. Literally.

I and Wifey, who's dad was a Methodists Minister have a different opinion on churches and religion. For me, Yes, there definitely is/are a god or gods. I do not think with all the various thousands of years of history all the way back to the scratchings on the caveman walls that there are not "supreme beings" which their influence has been induced into our society as the various "Gods" for the many religions that have been based on over tens of thousands of years. The major problem I have is, all I have to work with is the opinion of mortals trying to give me their interpretation of what they think “their” God's judgment might be of me.

Being who I am, if I am standing in the USA in multiple churches and poured my sole out, I could be told that I will be judged by their “god” as a good or a bad individual. (I do think I could find at least one religion to classify me as a “good,” individual, HEY, give me some slack here) Me standing in a foreign country in another church. I could be told I might be judged by their god differently.

I have had all the virgins that have no idea what I might need in my lifetime, done with that. I like a cold beer, not done with that. I am loosing my hair, do not need to shave the rest of it off for my religion, I want to keep the little I have. I like to fish if the WX happens to be good, on Sunday is OK with me. If I were in pursuit of narrowing it down to a single one religion, I guess one might not fit me, or I might not fit them, depending on how you look at it.

Religious wars have killed more humans than all other wars combined, believe this, or I will kill you attitude. How about leave me alone and I will leave you alone for a religion?

Wifey has no feeling there is any kind of supreme being or God.

Wifey and I have morals, ethics, compassion, caring, treating people fairly, and love. More than most of the people in most of the jobs we have had and most of the organizations we belong to can stand.

Wifey and I compromise with each other and the worlds religions.

In the summer we go out on the lake and enjoy nature. In the winter, we lean back in the hot tub and stare at the sky. Bigger than Nationwide. We cover most of the universe. It is about as close to our God as we can get.

Someday, we may know the truth about the hundreds of religions that claim they are the only religion that can save us from hell. For now, I guess I will follow my instincts, and try to save myself. If I do not do it right, at least I will have a lot of company.

OP, and listers of specific business you will never go back to again? --- Church is on my list. I will deviate from my banned list for weddings and funerals, some people think this is the place they should be. I will respect their wishes.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I refuse to walk thru the perfume section at jc penny etc. As kids we held our breath with cheeks puffed out and ran thru. Then stop, take a breath a laugh. Our mother didn't find it humorous nor did the other ladies. Sometime we went back and forth seeing who could go the long way around in a single breath.

Latest posts

Top Bottom