HELP!.... booze question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss Spec's in Texas. Both when I lived in Austin and Dallas they regularly had vendors with booths set up where you could try their wares. They were also usually manned by young, pretty lasses. Oh, and they had a pretty good specialty food section as well. Booze, chicks, food...what else is needed?

Now I live back home in Missouri where you can buy a bottle of Jack at Quick Trip, Sam's Club, or the grocery store. Convenience has it's price.

When I lived in Spain for a few years they did this too. The big grocery stores had large booze sections. Every couple months they would have a few to several tables set up in the isles to sample whatever distillers product. Working the tables were always very attractive young women.:)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Spain for a few years they did this too. The big grocery stores had large booze sections. Every couple months they would have a few to several tables set up in the isles to sample whatever distillers product. Working the tables were always very attractive young women.:)

Missouri has sample tables at some stores. Wine is the only ones I've seen to give out for samples though.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss Spec's in Texas. Both when I lived in Austin and Dallas they regularly had vendors with booths set up where you could try their wares. They were also usually manned by young, pretty lasses. Oh, and they had a pretty good specialty food section as well. Booze, chicks, food...what else is needed?

Now I live back home in Missouri where you can buy a bottle of Jack at Quick Trip, Sam's Club, or the grocery store. Convenience has it's price.
Yes, I stop regularly into Specs!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sam's Club actually does it up here upon occasion. They've had tequila, wine, and beer samples that I've tried. Not as often or as many as Spec's. But I'm not in there every weekend.

Good info. We go trout fishing on Lake Tanneycomo every year and stop in at the Branson Walmart and the grocery store next to it. The grocery store is a little more than Walmart. One stop shop and we are done.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haa, not tooting my own horn but I been trying to tell people about 4 Roses for years. I never thought it was as good as the other stuff mentioned here or something. Wife gets me a bottle of L.E. single barrel for almost every special occasion, cause that's all she knows I'm gonna ask for. The blended sucks tho. One of my kids got me a bottle for Xmas trying to be like mamma and it's sitting about 3/4 full. Didn't like it but it was a nice gesture. My dad drank it (the older version) when I was a kid, he even had a friend nicknamed 4Roses and I dont even remember his real name. Good stuff to me. One of my kids got into my liquor once and drank up my 4R and I about came unglued. Anything but my 4Roses. Especially made me mad when they said it was gross and just wasted it.

Where I come from you get liquor at the grocery store. I dont see why it can't happen every where. Pcg stores still stay open.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haa, not tooting my own horn but I been trying to tell people about 4 Roses for years. I never thought it was as good as the other stuff mentioned here or something. Wife gets me a bottle of L.E. single barrel for almost every special occasion, cause that's all she knows I'm gonna ask for. The blended sucks tho. One of my kids got me a bottle for Xmas trying to be like mamma and it's sitting about 3/4 full. Didn't like it but it was a nice gesture. My dad drank it (the older version) when I was a kid, he even had a friend nicknamed 4Roses and I dont even remember his real name. Good stuff to me. One of my kids got into my liquor once and drank up my 4R and I about came unglued. Anything but my 4Roses. Especially made me mad when they said it was gross and just wasted it.

Where I come from you get liquor at the grocery store. I dont see why it can't happen every where. Pcg stores still stay open.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Yeah, I tried the 4 Roses "yellow label" last night. Not so good. For about 3 or 4 dollars more you can get Old Forester and it is MUCH better IMO. It too is a high rye boubon like 4R. Next I'll be trying the 4R Single Barrel.

If you don't mind me asking, what is "L.E. single barrel" you mentioned?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what is "L.E. single barrel" you mentioned?

O man, are you in for a treat if you didnt know about the LE version. My wife gets mad because she has only been able to get that version for me once. I get that version for myself- when I can find it. I found it the first time I had it about 2010 or 11'. I didnt even know about it until one of our bartenders at the club I co-owned at the time in Des Moines told me about it. I had a friend who owned a small liquor store out here near me and he helped me get it at one time but now hes in CO running a weed store these days and making a killing when he was starving running that old liquor store his dad had left him when he passed.:thumb:

http://fourrosesbourbon.com/bourbon/limited-editions/

Latest posts

Top Bottom