Help me pick please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to stock up on some good ammo for shooting long range, I did some research on these ammo:

1. Prvi Partizan .308 175 gr. Boattail Hollow Point Match Grade Ammo

2. Black Hills Ammunition 308 175 Grain Match Hollow Point Boat Tail

3. Lapua Scenar Ammunition 308 185 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail

These 3 are popular ammo to sport shooting shooters and I find that Lapua has the most good review but that's only over the internet and who knows if the company wrote their own review. I would rather hear from you guys here on OSA. I planned to shoot from 100 - 200 yards this summer.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what about hornady? when i got my 10fp , the guy told me 164gr (TAP) hornaday's were awesome in it, 1 hole 3 shot groups at 100 and .5" at 200. i got some SST's that i havent got a chance to try out yet, waiting on a better scope

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with 12gaugebackup. Any name brand bullet will do well at those ranges in the 150-165 gr weight. The most useful thing will be to find out how each behaves in YOUR gun. What one guy's AR-10 likes, another guy's Savage 10FP might not like as well.

Jpt

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like your trying to buy 500-600 yard ammo to only shoot 100yards
seems like a waste of money to me.
try something like winchester white box 147 gr. probably a lot cheaper and will work fine at the shorter ranges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom