Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my crotchety a$$ today, but I find this post a little annoying given the circumstances. I mean, I'd at least exhaust resources in the manual and at craftsmanmowers.com before coming back to the people who gifted the thing to me.

But, good luck with it. Hopefully it's a knowledge problem rather than mechanical.
Manual does not mention the problem in the parts that are readable. Lowes left it outside with the mower and it got rained on it seems. As far as craftsmanmowers.com, thank you for telling me about it. I have never heard of it before.

As far as coming back to the guys that bought it, I was hoping that someone was close, not busy and could help me lift the rear end and roll it into the garage before I had to leave but no one was so the wife and I did it. She is 75 and recovering from breaking a rib.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the gas tank, maybe there is water in it. I've seen it before, people wash their mowers off with a water hose. Screws up everything, bearings that are hot from use suck in the water, ruins the bearings,

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh ... I'm going about this all wrong. I spent ALL DAY cleaning up the backyard getting things ready for the guys (I am paying) to cut out a 10-12 by 25 foot section of a concrete pad (I don't know -- it was here when I bought the house) to replace a sewer line that is original to the house (circa 1965). Should I just post a list of the things I want/need done and get you guys to come fix it for me?? 🤷🤷

I think I have some cookies around here somewhere. 😉😇

(Not to worry guys ... I'm just giving Rock a hard time. 😉 I had my second ablation Friday so have been headache free all day. (Hopefully this will last a few months to a year or so, given last performance. I'm sure hoping we can find a solution to the pain from the thoracic and lumbar fractures now.)

You know what bothers me the worst -- even now?? That damned broken rib. WTF is going on there?? I swear it feels for all the world like someone is running me through with the sword long as I am tall and a foot wide. Like I said WTF is up with that??

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Rick’s sword I hope., 🤡. Sorry for your hurts, just breathing hurts broken ribs, & ya can’t stop doin that !

Haha! No!! I'd take that thing away from him and beat him to death with it. 😉🤣🤣🤣

Hey!! We might could make some money here! "Thunderdome" for old, banged up people. 🫣😉🤣🤣🤣

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the gas tank, maybe there is water in it. I've seen it before, people wash their mowers off with a water hose. Screws up everything, bearings that are hot from use suck in the water, ruins the bearings,
No water in the gas. I had drained it thru the winter and kept it in the garage. Filled this morning with fresh gas for the first cut of the year.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh ... I'm going about this all wrong. I spent ALL DAY cleaning up the backyard getting things ready for the guys (I am paying) to cut out a 10-12 by 25 foot section of a concrete pad (I don't know -- it was here when I bought the house) to replace a sewer line that is original to the house (circa 1965). Should I just post a list of the things I want/need done and get you guys to come fix it for me?? 🤷🤷

I think I have some cookies around here somewhere. 😉😇

(Not to worry guys ... I'm just giving Rock a hard time. 😉 I had my second ablation Friday so have been headache free all day. (Hopefully this will last a few months to a year or so, given last performance. I'm sure hoping we can find a solution to the pain from the thoracic and lumbar fractures now.)

You know what bothers me the worst -- even now?? That damned broken rib. WTF is going on there?? I swear it feels for all the world like someone is running me through with the sword long as I am tall and a foot wide. Like I said WTF is up with that??
Believe me, if I could I would come help you and I am eternally grateful for the help the folks here have given me. Lavonne and I totally understand about the rib too. Mine still give me problems and it has been 5 freaking years. Lavonne's is only a few months old though really gives her trouble.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me, if I could I would come help you and I am eternally grateful for the help the folks here have given me. Lavonne and I totally understand about the rib too. Mine still give me problems and it has been 5 freaking years. Lavonne's is only a few months old though really gives her trouble.

Honestly, of all the injuries that tree bestowed upon me those ribs are by far the worst when I'm trying to do physical labor.

I can't even swim a lab in the pool at the Y without it locking up. It's like I've run 10 miles and fooled around and gotten a stitch in it and NOTHING works on it. And I mean NOTHING.

At the point that it gets so bad I can't draw a breathe I have to just sit down until it passes. But I'm NOT giving in. It took me the entire day but I got that backyard ready for the contractor and the electrician and the plumber Monday morning.

I did the hard part today. Tomorrow all I have to do is empty out the bathroom so they can tear it out (apparently there is a tie-in or valve or something under the sink where the toilet, tub, sink and kitchen sink/dishwasher all drain into that is failing). Hell, I dunno. All I know is it's 60 years old, it needs to be fixed, and I've been here almost 30 of those years. I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of it. 🤷

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, of all the injuries that tree bestowed upon me those ribs are by far the worst when I'm trying to do physical labor.

I can't even swim a lab in the pool at the Y without it locking up. It's like I've run 10 miles and fooled around and gotten a stitch in it and NOTHING works on it. And I mean NOTHING.

At the point that it gets so bad I can't draw a breathe I have to just sit down until it passes. But I'm NOT giving in. It took me the entire day but I got that backyard ready for the contractor and the electrician and the plumber Monday morning.

I did the hard part today. Tomorrow all I have to do is empty out the bathroom so they can tear it out (apparently there is a tie-in or valve or something under the sink where the toilet, tub, sink and kitchen sink/dishwasher all drain into that is failing). Hell, I dunno. All I know is it's 60 years old, it needs to be fixed, and I've been here almost 30 of those years. I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of it. 🤷
I agree the ribs are the worst. I bend over and it cuts off my breathing. I lay flat or sit up straight and I can feel the ribs pop with each breath. I twist a little to do something and I suddenly remember every curse word I ever learned, and spew them forth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom