Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update. With everything going on I have not had much time to work on the mower but I am getting back to it. So far the mower forums have had me flip this sucker every which way trying to get to the linkage. Seems there are some differences between production runs and models made for different brand names.

I finally just said screw it and I am trying to get to the linkage by the steering. I have the top plastic cover off but of course I have two bolts that are being a pain in my butt in the lower cover. They just seem to be spinning instead of backing out. I decided to work on it some more during the next couple days as it is suppose to rain and I am going to mow some today with the push mower. I at least need a couple paths in the back yard before the dogs get swallowed.

Going up to visit the daughter tomorrow and she seems to be doing okay too. I was wrong about this surgery. It was not to fix the seizures but to place a mesh (of sensors I think) so they can tell exactly where the seizures are coming from. Then they can hopefully go in and fix them.

And that is all the news from Lake Oh Crap. :P

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it not have a warranty?
I have no way to haul it and being a demo I bet not. To make matters even more ridiculous, I made to small passes with the push mower. Then the wife wanted to push a little while recovered my breath, now the push mower will not start either, and it is electric!

Cue hysterical laughter now. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 :yikes2:

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no way to haul it and being a demo I bet not. To make matters even more ridiculous, I made to small passes with the push mower. Then the wife wanted to push a little while recovered my breath, now the push mower will not start either, and it is electric!

Cue hysterical laughter now. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 :yikes2:

cant be that hard to make a phone call and find out...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, I said I would come get it last week but we had a family emergency. I’ll come take a look sometime in the next day or two. Might bring a trailer and some help with me. I’ll let you know
Darren
Darren thank you for the offer but if I can get those two screws out I am sure I can fix it myself. From all my research it is just the brake linkage needs adjusting.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update. Found out it is a common problem on these mowers. They are made by MTD and sold under different brand names. I finally got the front cover off when I found out the two bolts I have been trying to get out were really plastic keepers. I popped them out and found the problem is not there. Next I jack it up and remove a rear wheel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom