High School Punishes Student for Doing the Right Thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid by the school but why was she "busted and warned" by the cops if they knew she was sober? Seems like this could have been handled differently from the start

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think administrators that make decisions like this are of low intelligence. Not just low on common sense. They are stupid. Really sick of stupid people.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The school is overstepping its boundaries big time this was not on school grounds, not during school hours, and not a school activity, school should not have any authority in this matter what so ever!

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The school is overstepping its boundaries big time this was not on school grounds, not during school hours, and not a school activity, school should not have any authority in this matter what so ever!

Yeap. I'm looking for the first article that I read on this. It said after the student lawyered up that one of the school administrators said something to the effect that the court system didn't have jurisdiction over the matter.

Correction.. it was a Judge.
The Cox family filed a lawsuit against the school on Friday in an attempt to get officials to reverse the punishment. However, the district court judge ruled the court did not have jurisdiction over the issue, local station WBZ-TV reports.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/erin-cox-punished-school-drinking-driving_n_4098086.html

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who has jurisdiction? The school? I guess it goes along with a kid getting suspended for playing with a toy gun in his own yard.

Woo-hoo. Freedom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom