How do you guys feel about all this facial recognition stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's crazy how far this has come and how easy it is implemented. I set up a new security camera NVR last month. The detection AI is pretty amazing. Just a couple pictures of a person to train it and it can identify who it is in the video with a pretty high confidence.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What facial recognition???

1708385865126.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An honest response is that most people will think of it as invasion of privacy, but in the world of big tech - how do you fight it? Most people will begrudgingly accept their erosion of rights and move on with life.

Ways it could be used in a good way:
Identifying criminals, locating kidnapping victims, identity illegal immigrants (ha!).

Note: Big tech can generate your facial template from online photos, social media, etc. So most likely everyone already has a digital template in the system.
The ABC community is actively going this direction. When we went to watch Trump visit the wall in South Tx before the last election, the moron agents were taking pictures of everybody in attendance. Mine had a middle finger in front of my face every time I thought the camera was pointed in my direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom