How many hours per week do you work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hours a week do you work? Average over 4 weeks.

• Work? What's that??? Obama pays my bills!

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • < 20

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 20-39

• 40-50

Votes: 74 41.8%
  • 50-60

Votes: 39 22.0%
  • 60+

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • 80+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zero(0) unless you count honey do's. And Obama does not pay my bills.

Ha! Me, too ... Making that honey-do list is hard work though. :wink2:

And jeez, tRdoc ... I've always thought you were a pretty good fella. Now I think you are a saint! You're wife is a lucky, lucky woman!! You're job is one of those that I could not do. They kinds of people you see would cause me to become a real be-yotch (not the fake be-yotch I play here :wink2:) in a heartbeat. Some people live a lifestyle I simply cannot comprehend ... And unfortunately those kinds of folks tend to breed like cockroaches ...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, thanks BB, that's awful nice to say, but it just is what it is. Paying out-of-state tuition for an art degree kinda burns me, but oh well. Brought my wife's niece to live with us from out of the country for college, so there isn't much option. It's paying the wife's med school loans that is the real kicker, lol. It's nice for The Boy to have a parent home full-time, though, since I work out of town and am gone so much. By the time I get home on the morning of the 12th, I'll have had one night at home in 28 days. <sigh> We sacrifice for our families, just sometimes it gets hard when you're away from home that much and all alone.

On the brighter side, the MIL has been with us (or at my house, lol) since July and we've really been able to get her stuff lined out pretty good. Diabetes and blood pressure under control, Alzheimer's doing much better now that I've switched her seizure medicine around, too. She used to have 2-3 seizures a week and stayed pretty foggy most of the time, but no seizures in nearly 3 months now, and her mental status is much improved. We're going to have to pay for her medicine for life and ship it to her out of the country, but it's worth it for her to have a better quality of life. Had a tumor removed last week, too, and that came back benign, so all in all, it's been worth it all. I am just happy to be able to provide some things for the family. My wife feels guilty, but I told her, hell, if it were my family we wouldn't hesitate, so by God, I'ma do it for hers, too!

We do what we gotta do, right?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i work 40 a week+ on call 24/7/365 with no overtime allowed since on salary and run a small lawn care business on the side where im the only employee. So it just depends on what is going on from day to day as to how many hours i put in.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All depends on whats going on that day. Some days are short and sweet other days can be 12, 14, 16, 18 hr days. That's what you get when your self employed and I wouldn't have it any other way.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get paid for 40 hours a week but probably spend about 25 to 30 of those on OSA. Got about 15 more days to work and then I retire and so my supervisor pretty well gives me a pass on any big jobs. Now all I have to do is convince managment to give my buddy DennisHoddy my job. He could use a break from the elements of the power plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom