How many LEO's do we have on here, retired or presently?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was asking the question because I think you guy's and gal's have a very difficult job and it sounds like not very many people care about what you do. I think the job you do is incredible. I thank you for doing so. Also I know some of what you do, as I tried to be a LEO for Norman 38 years ago and I lasted 6 weeks. Then I got and easy job. I became a 1st grade teacher and taught for 25 years. Only five in 1st grade , the rest in 5th grade. I've been retired since 2000.
So I just curious how many LEO's we have, and how many teacher's we have? :police2:

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stan, I worked in communications in the LEO world for a while, then worked as a Reserve Deputy, loved the helping the community part of it, but health issues got in the way and I left it. Probably the best group of folks I ever worked with.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my time working was not strictly PD. (FD, EMT, PD and USAF) I retired in 2007, 32 years total. It was always pretty nice not having to decide what to wear when it was time to go to work.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I taught at a college for a few years, it was rewarding when the board stayed out of my classroom. Chose to resign when i found altered grades from what I had given. I confronted, was informed that subsidized students weren't allowed to fail.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, my hat's off to YOU! My wife was a teacher for 20 years. I would go and visit and I'd last 15 minutes. I would rather go up against an armed robber that a room full of little urchins!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was an Explorer Scout in HS.
I coached Little League for 14 years. Was an umpire for 22 and got the knees to show for it.
I taught Hunter Education for 6 years.

To those that put on the uniform and do an honorable job everyday, to those who corral, tame, and try to impart knowledge upon the youth of our society; I SALUTE YOU. I choose NOT to do what you so bravely do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom