Hunting coyotes on public land.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So me and a buddy decided we are going to go hunt some dogs tomorrow. I have quite a bit of private land to hunt, but we are doing a tourney in 2 weeks so we figure we will leave those spots alone and try public hunting. I thought about blackkettle but only been there about 10 years ago to hunt quail. Also considered Ellis and packsaddle. Any recommendations?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is as windy as today, stay home. Kinda serious, but kinda kidding. I have found calling is pretty tough when it is really windy. They can smell you real easy down wind, and when its really gusting they can't hear the call unless you are closer to them.

Last edited:

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about the wind, I just need to get out. Today was my first day off in 27 days. Working that many days in a row is horrible, especially when they start 3:00 AM and end 3:30 PM.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OPHA just had their annual hunt out at Woodward so I'm sure black kettle got the crap beat out of it, along with everything else in that area. Just my 2 cents.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. How did that hunt go okhunter? I have just been pumped to go lately, ever since your seminar you had a few weeks ago. Lots of great info,Thank you for you and Travis putting it on. It was my second time but I still really enjoyed it.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't go to the hunt this year so I'm not sure how it turned out. If you can go somewhere out west I would just go and maybe try walking in a little. Most callers I know barely get off the road. I will send you a pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom