Hunting coyotes on public land.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public land around the metro just doesn't seem to produce coyotes very well. Of course I know this land gets a lot of pressure from anyone within a 40 mile radius and the predators are smarter due to run ins. I'm almost to the point of driving a few hours to try elsewhere, but am still too new to predator hunting to feel comfortable in traveling that far for a n00b's chance.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys we struck out last sunday. We decided to try Okmulgee and to Deepfork. We started around 7:30 at Okmulgee, as soon as we pulled in we see a bunch of turkey and deer. Tried several spots around there til about noon. We seen plenty of deer at all the other spots but nothing else. 15 total that we were actually able to count, so guys who don't have a place to deer hunt maybe check out Okmulgee WMA.

We then went to try our luck at Deepfork. Nothing. We hunted hard and I sure was beat after is using those mouthcalls all day. We did not see a cat or dog one. Oh well, thats how hunting goes sometimes. It was just good to get out. My buddy got his foxpro in the mail so I hope we can be more successful with that.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost hit a coyote with the truck leaving Lexington WMA one night several years ago. Since then, I've seen nothing but tracks. Try American Horse Lake, but it is shotgun or archery only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom