I just placed my order with Boberg arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read about that gun a while back. I personally thought it was a nice looking gun, and a pretty neat idea. I was hoping to see a review from a "real person". Let us know how it does when you get it.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize how big it was compared to my Rohrbaugh.

Now that I've seen, I won't be a buyer.

Agreed. I see it as a potential alternative for Glock 26 carriers. Similar ballistic to a G26, but in a smaller single stack package. But is pure concealability (size and weight), it is no where near the R9 or DB9.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just watching the videos on Boberg's web site. I'm curious why, in the video of the woman in the purple shirt shooting the pistol, a couple of the rounds produced a fireball but others did not - assuming the ammo was all the same.

probably a framerate issue, either on the site video or the camera used to film it.

what blows my mind is that there is no mag follower and the mags load BACKWARDS.

olegvolk.net_gallery_d_39090_2_XR9S_JS_pocket_holster_5314web.jpg

WHAT KIND OF DARK MAGIC IS THIS?!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't realize how big it was compared to my Rohrbaugh.

Now that I've seen, I won't be a buyer.

Which Rohrbaugh are you talking about? It's basically identical in size to the r9s, being only 0.1" wider. It has a much longer barrel and will accept +P ammunition. It's in a different class than the r9s based on that, but in the same size package.

XR9S_ROHRBAUGH_R9S_Overlaytext.jpg

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably a framerate issue, either on the site video or the camera used to film it.

what blows my mind is that there is no mag follower and the mags load BACKWARDS.

olegvolk.net_gallery_d_39090_2_XR9S_JS_pocket_holster_5314web.jpg

WHAT KIND OF DARK MAGIC IS THIS?!

Some of the early adopters have reported that the gun like to pull bullets from the brass, seemingly due to the reverse (?) chambering and the bullet being pulled in backwards. It has not been narrowed down to exactly which brands this is related to, though Federal Champion (the WalMart special) and WWB are the two most discussed. I am a supporter of any new designs but this has me watching curiously. The gun is a bit pricey for me, personally, but that is not stating it is overpriced for what it is.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which Rohrbaugh are you talking about? It's basically identical in size to the r9s, being only 0.1" wider. It has a much longer barrel and will accept +P ammunition. It's in a different class than the r9s based on that, but in the same size package.

View attachment 18238

Here is a link that shows them side by side...definitely not within 0.1" of each other:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Other;action=display;num=1315952529;start=0#0

I've shot plenty of +P out of mine, so I don't see a reason for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom