I need a new phone. What's a cool phone today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone looked at the new Amazon Fire phone? I was looking at it yesterday, but don't know much about it... I can't see that it has an SD card slot. Honestly, that used to be a dealbreaker for me, but it has either 32 or 64 gigs of internal memory, which is a big improvement... so it may be something I would look into. Hate switching to a new, unproven design, though. I've been off-contract for several years and bought my S3 out of pocket ($550, ugh), had to have it replaced once when it started power-cycling repeatedly dozens of times a day. Up to that point it was flawless, and the new one has been as well, for about a year now.

But I'm looking at the off-the-wall phones, like the Google and Amazon ones.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note 3 ftw.

One of the guys I do business with has an S5, and the speakerphone is sub-par at best. He needs to talk hands-free most of the time, and it forces him to use a headset.

this is the route I'm going in the next 2 months or so, which is good for me...they are set to release the Note 4 in September. I've heard nothing but great reviews from my friends who have the 3 though. I like my HTC DNA, but I did have some SIM issues earlier this year in which I had to get a replacement (it was free, but I had no phone for 5 days..yikes)

anywho...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok right here an iPhone customer says Samsung is a better design.

I didn't stutter. Put a perimeter bumper case on the iPhone and I bet it'll survive the same thing that samsung survived because the glass won't make direct contact with the ground. Tell ya what I'll buy the bumper and film it for you using my personal phone.

Regardless of results I'll post the video in this thread next week, my GoPro is coming back from warranty service Monday So I'll film it early in the week. Just the bumper no screen protectors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGMCB5Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to take in to account your technological age too... I love my Note3, and even for a young person like me, there was a learning curve coming from iPhone.

It would take my parents ages to learn a Samsung, but the core uses are easy... it's the bells and whistles that take a little learning. iPhones are still the easiest of the smartphones to learn.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't stutter. Put a perimeter bumper case on the iPhone and I bet it'll survive the same thing that samsung survived because the glass won't make direct contact with the ground. Tell ya what I'll buy the bumper and film it for you using my personal phone.

Regardless of results I'll post the video in this thread next week, my GoPro is coming back from warranty service Monday So I'll film it early in the week. Just the bumper no screen protectors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGMCB5Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bottom line is, anyone who spends a large amount of money for a phone (or signs a contract) should probably spend a few extra bucks for the protection a decent case provides for their high-end technological device. It's just insurance. Just my $0.02.

iTunes was the biggest deal-killer for me when it came to the iPhone.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted a Windows Phone, but none of the local stores carry anything but Nokia and HTC Windows phones. I've had nothing but trouble with Nokia and HTC, so I wanted the Samsung. Unfortunately my phone broke, and I had to get something that day. I ended up with the iPhone 5c. Not a bad little phone, and runs the apps I have on my iPad, so that's a plus. Still, wish I had a Windows phone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom