I need a scope recommendation (Rifle 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a misleading statement. The VX-II and VX-III are both "old" technology and not currently produced; the VX-II was superseded in 2012 by the VX-2 and the VX-III was superseded by the VX-3 in 2009. (The VX-3 has now been superseded by the VX-3i.)

don't get too hung up on Leopold VX-1, 2 or 3 or Zeiss ... I've had all versions and yes some were brighter than others. but actual functional difference was squat between Leupold VX-1 and others. same for 40+ year old Unertl scopes .. all rock solid performance. some might have a slight edge in twight light performance and/or higher magnification. the real difference is between a cheap scope and nicely made ones. I've never seen a bad Leopold unless it was broken. lifetime warranty just send it in for a free no fuss fix.

my fav is an old Unertl 4x scope .. another good one is a Leopold 4x VX-1 .. have snagged several good VX-1 for $125 range. I've got at least 15-20 nice scopes hanging around at any given time. seems guns come and go .. but nice glass sticks around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom