I need..er..want a Battlerifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the FAL did you not like ASP?

It's nothing that I don't really like, it just doesn't come out of the safe much. I only have iron sights on it and no sling so it get's passed up in favor of something a little more fun to shoot. If I were to mount a scope on it, I bet it would be a blast and I would probably have a different opinion. When I want to shoot irons its hard to top the M1A. It is just a blast to shoot with a sling and the sights are great...many thanks to the Appleseed folks for getting me into that!

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And M1A standard in a USGI synthetic stock isn't really that heavy, until you start adding scope mounts and glass, but mine is actually fairly light and my full length 22" M1A feels better to me than my 16.25" DSA SA58 Para Carbine. All personal preference.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I owned an Israeli Heavy Barrel FAL back during the early years of the AWB. I bought it from my girlfriends uncle. Shot it a couple times and decided I didn't like it and sold it back to him. Biggest gun mistake I ever made.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Ruger's Mini-30. All stainless steel, shoots the 7.62X39, its accurate, reliable, mild of recoil, and its not to heavy to pack around. It comes in a standard Mini platform, or as a tactical version with a 16"bbl. You can get 5, 10, 20, 30rd mags for her, and your not going to break the bank on the rifle, or on ammo.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love my M1A Scout. Will print sub MOA groups and it is fun to shoot. I have an EOTech sight and a Bradley cheek rest. Great gun!

RJ M1A Scout 2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom