I need someone who can kill some grass and weeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diesel fuel in a pump sprayer would get it done cheap.

Bad idea. First diesel fuel is quite expensive and spraying it on the ground would be a huge violation of law i would think.
Roundup will kill it and keep it dead at least a year. I had a nieghbor who mistakenly used roundup instead of 2-4D for weeds and it killed his entire lawn and it dodn't recover untill the following spring.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some garages have oil and antifreeze in 55 gallon drums just waiting to be taken away. you could get some soap or lye and mix them together and spray that for free. When I was poor I would cut the bottom off a 55 gallon drum and drop a match in there with some gas (if it needed it). The next day I would move it over one spot. You could even do it all in one weekend but I was told by Warr Acres Fire Department that if there was a grate over it then it was considered a BBQ and they wouldn't do crap as long as the embers weren't going too high. I got rid of a whole storage shed that way.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roundup works better when the plants are short and have leaves. it does not work well on tall grass or just cut grass. the leaves or grass absorbs the salt and carries it to the roots. the only other way to get it too the roots is to scalp it and roto-till then spray.

I know how to kill anything green with roundup....

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock Salt / Road Salt would be very effective and last a long time. I have to second all the concerns with erosion though. If it starts eroding, you'll likely wish you had just mowed it now and then.

Most municipalities have a rule where they have to notify you before they can mow it for you and charge you. So I'd just ignore it and only mow(brushHog) when you get a notice.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how to kill anything green with roundup....

I have a patch of grass that crosses the sidewalk from my front yard to the mailbox at the curb. I have drenched it in roundup multiple times and it continues to thrive. How do I kill it?

I'm convinced if I want something to grow it will die, and vice versa. :(

man of many calibers

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we are on this topic.....how do I keep grass/weeds from growing in my new gravel driveway? Its about 800' long, so whatever chemical that I have to use needs to be wallet friendly. Mosty is Johnson Grass coming up and other weeds that I already sprayed once with round-up and they are coming back.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we are on this topic.....how do I keep grass/weeds from growing in my new gravel driveway? Its about 800' long, so whatever chemical that I have to use needs to be wallet friendly. Mosty is Johnson Grass coming up and other weeds that I already sprayed once with round-up and they are coming back.
How deep is the gravel, you need 3" to keep grass out. Again, you can spot spray round up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a patch of grass that crosses the sidewalk from my front yard to the mailbox at the curb. I have drenched it in roundup multiple times and it continues to thrive. How do I kill it?

I'm convinced if I want something to grow it will die, and vice versa. :(

Are you buying round up concentrate (or equivilant generic)? Most people who do not get results are not mixing it properly. I use 5 oz per gal. of water. the directions say 2.5 oz per gal but with that mix, I too get poor results. I buy a generic at hte Co-op in 2.5 gal concentrate for cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom