I never thought I'd see the day ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a car accident back in 1999 that rendered me unable to keep anything down because my back was so messed up that it screwed with my stomach. Water and watered down smashed up red beans was about all I could keep down. The smashed up red beans got old after almost a year of eating that, so I started doing the same with peas. I'm not saying that bean or green pea smoothies are delicious, but they kept me from becoming malnutritioned until my back issues were fixed enough for me to eat solids again. I couldn't keep Ensure down but if you can it should work to meet your nutrition needs until you can get back to solids. I wish you the best! As for ramen noodles, those things have absolutely no nutritional value because what little they do have is made obsolete by all of the preservatives they contain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions and help guys. I pureed some canned green beans last night and while not fine dining I got them down okay.

I'm really concerned about the steriods use because I'm trying to stimulate bone growth not slow it but it's kinda hard to focus on bone growth when ya can't breathe. I'm down to 2mil/day and I can tell that the swelling is starting to increase again. I have 10 more days, then the PA and I are gonna have another chat. Except for that swelling and my voice being different, I am having no problems at all. I feel great. Am back to walking, doing PT and started working on strength training with a personal trainer Friday. I'm sure it will resolve eventually, may just take a little longer than I want it to.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole thread, but just in case, you might try Special K drinks, or SlimFast. Several of those types are pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom