I never thought I'd see the day ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mashed potatos, tomato juice

Mashed potatoes, even watered down don't work right now. Tomato juice and soup burns like a mofo -- which causes swelling. But thanks for the suggestions.

I know it's hard to really come up with stuff. Liquid diets for they typically suggest increases my aspiration problems. Semi-liquid diets like they suggest for stroke victims that have trouble swallowing causes choking.

My doc just looked at me and shook his head. I guess it's a good thing I do have some weight to loose. But I still don't want to short myself on nutrients needed for that fusion to heal as much as I can help it. I may just have to stay on the prednisone for a while.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't particularly like sweet stuff, and I don't remember it tasting sweet. I liked the vanilla the best. Kept it cold, and it tasted somewhat like a partially melted vanilla milkshake

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't particularly like sweet stuff, and I don't remember it tasting sweet. I liked the vanilla the best. Kept it cold, and it tasted somewhat like a partially melted vanilla milkshake

Ok, thanks. I'm off to get baby food veggies and Ensure. I'll continue to try the other ideas once a week or so until I can get past the choking, because I really do think I will adjust eventually. Mostly because I'm REALLY motivated not to have them slit my throat again! Lol

My voice still isn't back. The old man is pleased as punch. I can't yell at him anymore! Hahaha!
:hey3::mean: :slap:

I appreciate the brainstorming and ideas guys! You'll are too nice to me! Thank you!:thanku::thumbup3:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you thought about having a 2nd Wedding to repeat your vows? Marriage always seems to put the weight on women....

Hehe....

On a serious note, sorry for your troubles. I don't have any useful advice other than what's been mentioned.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you thought about having a 2nd Wedding to repeat your vows? Marriage always seems to put the weight on women....

Hehe....

On a serious not, sorry for your troubles. I don't have any useful advice other than what's been mentioned.

Lmao!! Ok NOW the games can begin! ;) This is what I adore about you guys. Laughter (and thread derailment) really are the best medicine!! :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom