I never thought I'd see the day ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you handle yogurt? If acidity is a problem there are sweetened (like plain vanilla) and other smooth flavors. If too thick, it can be thinned with milk.

It's a great way to get protein, and if you can find full-fat yogurt, so much the better.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe thin broth based soups (Veggie, beef, chicken...) then run a stick blender through them. Leave out the tomato and stick to high start/high fiber veggies? It could be as thin or thick as you need it to be and I think I paid like $30 for my stick blender at wally world.

I was going to suggest broth and protein through a blender too. I use a lot of this in cooking mostly for convenience and cost, but it's lower salt which may help with the burning. They have beef too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kitchen-...75035&wl11=online&wl12=46330196&wl13=&veh=sem

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glucerna tastes better than Ensure IMO. Used to get a butter pecan flavor, but the french vanilla is also good.

I've also had baby food before (teeth problems), but you have to salt the daylights out of it. Some of the "dinners" are pretty good though, and the strained peaches are great on ice cream.

Get well soon kiddo. :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's more sweet stuff, but in order to get calories and protein down, I usually recommend for my older folks to take the Carnation Instant Breakfast and add a scoop of ice cream. In addition, you could add peanut butter to it to make smoothies. Peanut butter was originally developed by a physician to help his elderly folks get enough nutrition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom